Chapter 10

Nevaeh P.O.V.
I rush up the stairs to building F. I'm late as hell cause I wasn't going to come but then I changed my mind. I rush to my class and open the door. I look at the girl on Scars lap. I told him I wasn't coming today but then I forgot to tell him I changed my mind. Brooks sees me then sighs. I sit down in the seat next to Brooks. Not wanting to sit next to Scar. "I tried to stop him" he mumbles. I shrugg my shoulders. "What we doing?" I ask. "Nothing, she said she don't feel like doing anything so we just doing nothing" he says. I nod my head then lay my head on his lap and look up at him. "You got a boogie in your nose" he says. I laugh then dig it out and put it on him. "Nummy!" He yells. I laugh and sit up. He flicks it off. "Wait did you just call me nummy?" I ask. He chuckles sitting back down. "Yeah, that's my new nickname for you" he says. I smile the lay back down. "All this hair" he mumbles. I sigh. "I'm finna cut it" he says. "Cut my hair and imma slice your throat" I say. "Damn you violent" he chuckles. "I'll be right back, don't let anyone in" our teacher says. She closes and locks the door. The girl that was sitting on Scar just somehow kicks me. I ignore it but then she did it again. I sit up. "Do you have a problem" I say taking out my earrings. She mugs me then sits back down on Scars lap. He looks at me then starts kissing on the girls neck. What the fuck did I do? We was on good, actually great terms last night. I look at Brooks. "Jermaine" I whisper. He pulls me into a hug.

"Nummy stop" Brooks says. "Can you get me some icecream" I mumble. He chuckles then orders icecream. "Thankyou" I mumble. He smiles. I never noticed how attractive Brooks is. "Are you going to watch The Andersons and Some live tomorrow?" I ask. "Ofcourse, my nummy on that show" he says. "My sister like obsessed with yall, she don't know that I know you though" he says. I smile. "I wanna meet her" I say. "She should be here in about 5 minutes" he says. I nod my head and prop my feet up ontop of his lap. "Give me a massage" I mumble. He chuckles then takes off my shoes. "DAMN Nevaeh!" He says holding his nose. I laugh and mush his head. "I'm just playin" he says then starts massaging my feet. "Oh my, oh that feels so good" I moan. I open my eyes and look at Brooks who's giving that wtf face. I laugh and continue eating my icecream. "You know, when I was younger. My momma used to tell us that if we eat too much icecream that our insides would freeze and we would freeze. Then when we unfreeze there would be Dinasours again because the world would've started over" I say. He laughs. "But then I found out that she was just saying that so we wouldn't eat her icecream" I laugh. He chuckles.

A car pulls into the parking lot. "Is that them" I mumble. He nods his head. A girl about 13 gets out the car with an older woman. They walk inside and Brooks waves them over here. I'm on the inside so they couldn't see me yet. They walk over and sit down, the girl is still texting on her phone. His mom looks at me and her eyes widen. Brooks chuckles. "Renee" Brooks says. "Just wait, I'm looking at Nevaehs tweet" she says. "#hanging out with Renee today" she reads my tweet. "Does she know a Renee, that's so cool. Oh look Heaven tweeted something too" she says. "#The Andersons and Some live tomorrow at 6 p.m."she reads. I wonder when she'll notice me. "Renee you're being rude to our guest" her mom says. I tweet something. "Okay wait, right after I read this" she mumbles. Brooks puts his arm over my shoulder and burries his head in my neck. From another persons point of view it would look like he was just laying there. But he was actually sucking on my neck. I laugh and push him away. He smiles at me. "#Make sure to watch tomorrow to win a chance to meet the whole family" Renee reads. "Oh my gosh, ma we have to watch tomorrow. I need to meet the Andersons! They're like my second family that doesn't know about me" she says. "Oh, it's like Jamie, I'm like a Jamie. She was being raised by a man who wasn't actually her dad but then her real father found her, you sure im not adopted" she says. I smile. "I need to pee though" she says then rushes away. "I'll go with her" Brooks mom says. Brooks smirks at me then starts kissing and sucking on my neck. "Jermaine" I moan. He chuckles then kisses my neck one last time. "Aight, imma stop" he chuckles. "You such a fucking tease" I laugh. "Oh,you got a hickey though, sorry" he chuckles. We're just being friendly. "I told you stop" I laugh. He chuckles then continues kissing on my neck. I take a picture. Only my smile was visible. And you could barely see his face since it was buried in my neck. I post it on instagram with the caption Just Friends and tagged Scar and Brooks, Queen Petty in the building. "Jermaine" I whisper. "Okay, I'm seriously stopping now" he chuckles. I laugh. I had a feeling he liked me for a while and there was a point in time I was kinda feeling him too. I take out my mirror and look at my neck and my eyes widen. He chuckles. I put on my scarf. It's winter anyway. They walk back out and sit down. Renee finally looks up. Her eyes widen but then her faces turns back regular. "Haha very funny Jermaine" Renee says. "what?" He mumbles. "I know that's not her, that's probably some girl that looks like Nevaeh" she says. I smile. "Nope,its me" I say. "Wow, you sound like her too. Jermaine this isn't funny, I know you don't know the Andersons" she says. I sit back. "Trust me Renee, I am Nevaeh Anderson" I say. "Then, how old was Nevaeh when she won first place for all segments in gymnastics?" She ask. "I was 13 going on 14, we were in Virginia and that's also where Heaven broke her ankle" I say. "I see you did your research" she says. "I don't need to research my life" I laugh. She shakes her head. "Okay, don't believe me, who would you like me to call" I ask. "Call Demitrea" she says. I shrugg my shoulders then call her and put Demi on speaker. "Hi Ne'." Demi says. "Hi Demi, um I'm talking to a girl and she doesn't believe I'm Nevaeh" I say. "Mmmh, well am I on speaker?" Demi ask. "Yes" I say. "Hi, I'm Demitrea, which you probably already know. But trust me, the girl you're talking to is Nevaeh and- Laylani leave me alone" Demi says. "I want to talk to Ne'." Lani whines. "Hi Lani" I say. "Hi Ne', when you come home?" She ask. "Soon" I say. "Okay,well we have to go now cause mommy said clean our rooms, bye" she says then ends the phone call. I look at Renee. "Still not convinced" I ask. "Not one bit" she says. The woman comes with our food. "Oh, hey Nevaeh, where's Heaven. I rarely see you two separated" Cali says. "She's teaching at the dance studio" I say. She nods her head handing us our food. "You come here alot?" Brooks ask. I nod my head. Renee glares at me. "Listen, I don't know who you are. But it's very disrespectful to imitate a celebrity. So how about you stop flirting with my brother and leave" Renee says. "Okay, you got me, I'm not Nevaeh" I say standing up. "Exactly" Renee says. I pick up my food. "You're leaving" Brooks ask. I nod my head. "Oh no, you dont have to leave, stay" his mother says. I smile. "I'll see you guys later" I say. "I'll walk you to your car" he says. We walk to my car and I get in. "I'll see you tomorrow" he says. "But I won't see you" I laugh. He chuckles. "Drive safely, sorry about Renee. She can be stubborn" he says. "It's okay, I have to leave anyway. I have to get ready for tomorrow" I mumble. He nods his head. I start up my car. He closes the door and I drive away.