Part ten

Dan P.O.V. 

I added the last finishing touches to my hair and frowned at Phil who was sprawled out across my bed and hadn't moved an inch. 

"Phil, you need to get ready, we're meeting them soon." 

"Can't we just stay here tonight? I don't feel like going out." 

"You know what they were like the last time we cancelled on them; it took them weeks to actually talk to us again." 

"I guess," he sighed and got up and wandered over to the wardrobe. "What do I wear?" 

"Just a nice shirt or something. You don't have to put on a suit or anything but we are going to a nice restaurant." 

"Whose idea was it that we all go out anyway?" Phil asked, lazily taking off a blue button up off a coat hanger and dropping the t-shirt he was wearing onto the floor. 

"PJ's, I think," I bit down on my lip to stop the smile I got from knowing that I was seeing him again. Since it was his idea, it meant that he wanted to see me to some degree, right? I liked that thought though, that he gave a moment to think about me. 

I went into the kitchen and found my wallet, putting it in my jeans and grabbed the keys off the side. 

"I'm ready, are we going now?" Phil stepped out of the room and I could smell the strong fragrance of his favourite cologne that he only used on special occasions. His hair had been straightened out again and he was wearing a clean pair of jeans. 

"Yeah," I breathed, smiling at him. He looked beautiful, but guilt gnawed on my insides when I remembered that all I had thought about the past few days was PJ. "You look great." 

"You too," he replied. I could tell his smile was forced but I decided to leave it just for now so that I avoided the risk of us having an argument, and took his hand instead, exciting the flat. We got a taxi to the restaurant to stay out the rain and saw PJ and Chris already inside when we got there. 

I intentionally sat opposite Chris and next to Phil so PJ's alluring eyes would be difficult to catch. My plan worked and half an hour in I was totally relaxed, the whole 'being normal' thing easy. We would make eye contact every now and then, but it would break quick enough so that I wouldn't get put under his spell and show myself up. 

"I need the bathroom, I'll be right back," I announced and exhaled a sigh of relief when I reached the men's toilets. Maybe I had put a certain bit of pressure on myself and didn't realise until I let my guard down. I did my business and moved over to the sink, washing my hands and then grabbing a handful of paper towels to dry them off. 

By this time everyone else had left and I chucked away the towels before looking in the mirror. The door opened and in the corner of my eye I could see a pair of skinny legs that I knew only too well. 

"Hey," PJ's smooth voice gave my gaze the permission to move from my reflection to him where I could see his eyes searching my face. 

"Hi." 

"What's up?" 

"Nothing." 

"There's obviously something," he mused. "Do you miss me?" He asked some seconds later. 

"How can I miss you when you're right there?" 

"I think we both know you couldn't stop staring at me. I know you tried, I'll give you that." 

"Uhh... I-" I forgot the words I was going to say when PJ put his hand on my hip, and it was only then I realised I had been taking steps back and I when I tried to move further, my ankle hit the wall indicating I was flat against it. 

As if I had given him an invitation, PJ stepped closer so we were pressed up together. 

"What are you so scared of?" He murmured. 

"Ph-Phil," I replied shakily, my breathing beginning to hitch. 

"But this is what you want, no?" I couldn't answer because I didn't know. Part of me wanted to break free from his grip but the other half wanted him to stay there, despite how wrong it was. 

"I can't do this." 

"Wanting something and being allowed to have something are two different things," he said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. "I'll give you what you want," he whispered in my ear and I felt his breath tickle. 

I didn't dare to breathe as he pulled away ever so slightly so he was directly facing me again, but I was too enticed to fight back now. His free hand snaked its way to the back of my neck and pulled me in slowly.  It was cold in the toilets, but not now I had PJ sharing his body warmth with me and despite his confident act, I could hear his ragged breathing which gave away he was as nervous as I was. 

He met me halfway and kissed me gently at first, the wariness and passion somehow mixing in together to make it intoxicating. It took a second or two for me to react, but when our lips started moving together he put some more force into it. 

"I've missed this," he said barely louder than a whisper when he pulled away, his eyes staying on my lips before flickering up to my own. "You're as good as I remember. You should probably get back though, Phil will be worried." 

I nodded and untangled myself from him, my stomach twisting into knots. I left the bathroom and made my way back to the table, my lips still warm from being with PJ's and only regretted letting him go instead of pulling him back in. 

A/N: I think I'm Satan