Epilogue 2/3

A/N: The comments on 1/3 made me die oh my god I love you all too much

Dan P.O.V.

I loved Phil like this.

I've always loved Phil, but particularly like this when we were lying in bed and his head was on my chest and his arm was wrapped around my waist. He was nearing falling into a deep sleep, slurring questions that had no answers.

"Dan?"

"Yeah?"

"Oranges... Why are oranges called oranges?"

"I don't know, Phil."

"But, like, why aren't apples called reds? And bananas, yellows?"

I laughed. "I mean, it's a good point..."

"I just don't understand."

"Me neither."

"Oranges."

"Where did this all come from?"

"I don't know."

I was playing with his hair and he sighed. I could almost hear his brain ticking away, looking for answers for a question that didn't even matter. I found that I was laughing again because I knew he wouldn't fully rest until he got the answer.

"I love you, Phil."

"Say it again," he mumbled.

"I love you."

"I like it when you say that."

"Yeah, me too," I nudged him. "Hey, don't go to sleep yet."

"Why not?"

"I need to ask you something."

"What is it?"

"So... Following that logic... What about all the green fruit? You can't call them all green."

Phil buried his head into my t-shirt and groaned. "Shut up. I thought you were going to ask me something more serious. I'm going to sleep." He snapped and turned over, pausing to plump up the pillows on his side of the bed - it was nice to say that again - and sunk into the mattress but he still hadn't relaxed.

"With your glasses on? Babe, what's wrong?" I moved myself until we were pressed together and took his left hand, rubbing circles into the back of it with my thumb. When he didn't respond, I kissed the back of his neck and started humming out of tune, trying to avoid the silence. I moved my hand so it went under his shirt, dragging my fingers across his tummy and working upwards. I loved the feeling of his skin and calling him mine and there was no better than being this close to Phil - the other half of me.

I hadn't taken any second spent with him for granted since we got back to together six months ago. I hadn't heard from PJ since, and Chris called Phil every now and again but he avoided speaking to me. He had been doing okay though, from what I heard from Phil, but he hadn't made videos in a while and through his acting work found some new friends to see.

Phil tensed again then, as if he could read my mind. But I kept humming and went back to playing with his hand.

"I love you," I told him again and he relaxed slightly, his hand beginning to react to mine. Over the last six months I had learned that I couldn't say those words enough, especially when he felt insecure.

I had also learned to fall in love with Phil again. I noticed how his eyes lit up when he smiled and how he hid his hands behind his back when he was anxious. I loved how he looked with his glasses on even though he hated them and how he stuck out his tongue a little when he was concentrating. Things that had annoyed me before turned into little quirks I laughed at and I would do anything to make him happy.

I fell for him, and I fell hard without any apologies.

I kissed the back of his neck again before letting go of his hand and putting mine under my pillow, moving it around until I clasped a white gold ring. I kept it out of Phil's view and took his left hand again and lifted it above his head. I stretched it out and slid the ring onto his third finger.

"Dan- What- Oh my God," Phil sat up and stared down at the ring, my heart racing, I sit opposite him.

"Look, Phil, I know it's early after everything, and I'm sorry I had to put you through so much to realise what you meant to me, but I have never loved you as much as I do now. I want to spend the rest of my life watching you lie around in your pyjamas and eat cereal all day," Phil laughs at this, "I know what it's like to not have you by my side and I never want to experience that again," I take both of his hands: "Philip Michael Lester, would you do me the honour of marrying me?"

I've been watching Phil's face as silent tears roll down his cheeks but he squeezed my hands and nodded, his lips turned into the biggest smile I've ever seen.

"Yesyesyesyesyesyes, yes! Oh my God, yes," Phil kissed me hard and pulled away, still smiling. "We're getting married. I can't believe it. Dan, oh my god, we're getting married. We're getting married."

I move Phil so he's sitting on my lap and he wraps his arms around my neck and giggles, his cheeks bright red and glasses skewiff. All I know is I'm so in love, and this is the happiest I've ever been.