Chapter 22

Meanwhile in the underwater kingdom.

"Sir, just please. Calm down."  The solider said in a soothing yet worried tone. Visibly wincing at the mer prince's glare. 

"Calm down? Calm down! How can I calm down Rafe? How can I when she is gone!" he shouted. Venting his anger on the poor solider. Who was also one of the few mer folk close to the prince.

Rafe was always the first and usually only one to approach the prince when he was like this. Since he was the few who had the ability to calm him down. But it seemed that at this point. Only one person could calm him down. Candy.

"No good will come out of you acting like this. We sent out our best trackers and land connections. " Rafe told him. Keeping his ground even when the prince swam over to him with angry eyes. The colors changing constantly. The prince was trying to keep control of his anger. He also did not want the biggest storm to occur because of his out of control emotions.

The two had a five minute stare down. Rafe was about to break under his gaze before letting out a relieved sigh as the prince averted his gaze to the ground.

"I'm sorry Rafe...its just...you know"

"I know"

Tanner swam over to the other side of the room and looked out a window. Watching people rush a bout. " As soon as the moon comes though. I am going. No one is stopping me. Not even you. Is that clear?" His tone held no room to argue.

Rafe slowly nodded while shifting how he was swimming in one place nervously. The full moon was in two days. A angry royal going to the surface was never a good thing. Its why a few centuries ago a island near here had experienced a horrible storm.

------

"Meeting with the vampire king?"

Tanner looked over at his messenger and best friend before nodding.

----------

Candys P.O.V.

"Candy! Stop it!" he shouted at me from his place inside the car. An eyebrow raised as he stared at me from where I was standing.

Which basically was me. Arms and legs stretched out while laying on the front of his car. making him unable to drive. Unless he wanted to hurt me that is.

"Not in till you promise to take me to the sea!" I argue while pressing my face against the glass. Then slid till I was just sitting with my feet dangling of the fronts edge.

"I can't do that without the alphas permission! You know that"

"Uh no, I don't." I spat back while giving him a glare which he easily returned. "And why is he keeping me here anyway?" I say angrily while crossing my arms over my chest.

"You know why......and speaking of that....how the heck did you get out here? Alone as well" he asked. His face suddenly looked worried.

I smirk while looking up at the ceiling of the garage. "Oh, I sort of escaped the room I was put in."

He groaned at that. "Candy! The hell, your gonna make things worse for yourself....and me!" he cursed when he realized what would happen if he was found with me.

"But four walls get boring!" I complain. Thinking back to how I was half prisoner half guest.  Lets see....well when I woke up I was in a bed. Even more then that when I tried to bolt out of habit. I ran into this people. I won't say much but I was put back into the room and told to wait their for this 'alpha'. Just something about dealing with me since I saw one of them shift. Yes, this is how it is now.

I've looked out every window and have yet to see anything sea related. I found a lake though. Far away. Not sure i that does me any good though...hey. At least here is better then with Ash *shiver*.

Any who. Enough of that. I still have to figure out a way out of here. I'm trying to persuade the guy who found me. But man he's a tough shell to crack.

I'll figure it out though.

"I don't care Candy. Its not good to go against the rules. Claiming to be mated to some underwater creature does not change anything"

Great, so I can't be trusted with a secret? Ah.....I probably would have told Tanner all about it. But that is it. I swear...wait. I may have also told my imaginary friend from ten years ago! Honestly.

"Why? Can't I just get back to the sea before ........finds me!" I was scared if I said his name out loud he would find me. Just a odd gut feeling.

"I wish I could help you out. But, I am only a hunter. Don;t have that authority" At least he was able to give me a somewhat sympathetic look.

I sigh while looking up at the garage ceiling. Jumping a bit at the sound of a car approaching. 

843 words.....I really need to better then that

I am so sorry! Its been forever since I last updated. I really need to work on updates. I am going to try and get a chapter up at least once a week. So usually up on Mondays, Fridays or around the weekend. Depends. Though may end up any day within each week. Sorry for the long wait and hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Also! Anyone up for a third mate? Just Kidding...or am I?

Comment

Vote

Share

Till next time....