Mate to the prince of mermaid/merman (under editing)

I take in a deep breath of the sweet salty air.  Listening closely to the sound of the waves as they crash against the large rocks and sand. Soft grains of sand tickling and sticking to the soles of  my feet as I walk on the shore line. I stare out towards the sea awing its beauty. I always have loved the sea, actually water in general. I love swimming and was a award winner in my high schools competition last year.

I freeze in one spot when I see a head stick out of the water further out. Looked like a guy around my age(18) he had a flawless face (which I envied greatly), brown shaggy hair and the most captive swirls of ocean blue eyes. Oh my god, I don't even know the guy and I think I have already developed a crush. (Mental note , ask name of handsome stranger later)

' ' Hey! Candy come over here! The water feels great!'' A female voice shouts from my right breaking me out of my trance. God the voice was loud.

I look away from the guy and look over at my friend Ruby treading water closer to the beach then the strange guy. He must like going out deeper, like me.

''Okay I am coming in! '' I yell back her rushing towards the water quickly forgetting about the strange guy.(I guess that's his nickname for now)

SPLASH!! ( yes it was such a big splash it is in capitol letters and on its own right here)

Water sprays every were as I hit the water. The cold water chased away my warmth in my skin to replace it with a cool feeling I am unable to describe, a feeling I always adored.

'' Hey! Candy you got water on my face!'' Ruby wines her blond hair flopping to the side as she tilts her head. At the same time gives me large sad puppy eyes, which where green and reflecting the sun making them look like sparkling emeralds.

Gosh one time someone seriously thought she put real emeralds into doll eyes and put them on her face, that person was a little coo coo.

'' He-he sorry about that '' I say rubbing the back of my head, not really sorry at all. Along with holding in laughter at her reaction. Your swimming Ruby, you are going to get wet.

We swim more out into the water because I am tall and like it when my feet don't touch the ground, and I feel like I am flying. Ruby  likes it because she can see the surfer dudes more clearly. (Although, I don't think they look that great)

Yep! my friends kinda of a stalker  like that..nah she has a boyfriend but like she always tells me ' always keep your options open, you never know' what kind of commitment is that? But then again she looks at her boy friend with such love in her eyes, I don't think he has to worry.

Its funny though because she was whispering to me how hot this guy looked trying to hook me up. Her boyfriend Dale overheard and bought her a bunch of gifts then challenged the other guy to a fight thinking she was going to dump him for him.

Ugh men, shouldn't the hormonal girls be the more possessive jealous ones? Because in my few guys are usually more laid back then girls, but that's from me watching from a far and not really talking to them.

As we  are treading water something slimy and scaly brushes my legs leaving a small trail of tingles were it touched. OMG did a fish just come to me!!! New mission, catch the fish. Wait that seemed like a pretty big fish , and fish are so strong. I don't know how I feel about catching one.

''What the!?'' I say quietly to myself '' Ruby? Do you feel anything in the water??'' I ask her. Maybe she can help me catch the fish. But she's not really strong when it comes to upper body strength, but then again neither am I .

Like I am pretty skinny and have pretty big muscles and such but that's from swimming all the time. I even polar bear dip, its cold but its still involving water even if it is for only a second.

She looks at me strangely and shakes her head. Then a huge wave appears getting bigger as it nears, and we start to head towards the beach so we do not get hit by it. But as I start to swim something grabs me around the waist and holds me still.

Fu** You seaweed...but this docent feel like seaweed. Actually I am to much out to even be close to seweed.

''RUBY I AM STUCK''I screamed, pft like she would make it in time, but still I had to try.

But Ruby is  a underwater swimmer so she does not hear me till she reaches the shore (curses), but before she can go get help the big wave topples over me,and I get pushed under the surface of the water.( where are the dam lift guards?!!!)

I try to swim back up, my lungs beginning to burn for air, what the hell usually I can hold my breath for three minutes, why not now?!

But no mater how hard I try the mysteries thing that grabbed me keeps pulling me down. So I stop fighting and look behind me, and meet the dude I saw early the only difference is he has a mermaid tail! Is he trying to fu**ing kill me?!

Tingles flare through my body spreading all over as he holds me closer. What a strange perverted merman, know whats also strange? I think I like it? Grab a hold of yourself Candy, remember your main mission is to get oxygen !!!

As my face begins to most likely turn blue as I am close to talking in a big amount of air (which will end up being water) The mer dude suddenly plants his lips on mine, my first kiss...gone, am I going to die losing my first kiss to my killer!!

I hold myself from kissing him back (why did i want to kiss him back?)and feel him muttering something before my lips start to tingle burn. He pulls away and waves his hand in front of my face bright lights flashing. It takes me a moment to regain my vision.

Then I couldent bare it as I take in a big breath of water and begin chocking as it fills my lungs and then suddenly its like I'm breathing air!

I wonder if I can talk too.

''Hey mer dude could ya do me a favor '' I ask my voice not as loud as it would be on land. Cool I'm talking underwater.....I must have died.

''What is it?'' he asked in a sweet, smooth voice, that sings to me, calls me closer. Oh my god I mist be dead, which reminds me...what's his name? Oh well I'll ask later.

I break out of my trance when I realized what he asked and say'' Can you let me go? I kinda wanna go back to the beach now. My friend Ruby is probably really worried right now. ''

''Sorry I can't do that, that is the one thing I can't do'' he replies his voice full of truth and anger. Angry at what? Me wanting to go home, jerk.

I'm about to argue when he hugs me closer and starts singing a lullaby . Man this dude is weird like really this is strange even for me the girl who one the 50 hotdogs eating contest people were surprised when I did not gain a pound I actually somehow weighed less.

I am pretty tall for a girl 6foot and skinny but not too skinny..........wait I should not be talking about that right now when i have a sicko merman hugging me? and singing a lullaby with his magical voice......th...at .........pulls  .m.e..... to s...l..ee AH WAKE UP CANDY THIS IS NO TIME TO TAKE A NAP!

But the voice is to sweet,and smooth on top of it the warm tingles are relaxing my muscles in my arms,legs and body makes everything want to sleep. The voice makes me want to sleep listening to it all day as the tingles take care of me through any bad dreams.

Its too much I hope I do not get raped or anything (but somehow I knew this stranger wouldn't do or let such a thing happen even by him)Also, I don't think it is possible. Like he has a fish tail, why did that thought cross my mind again?

I hear this word before I pass out '' Mate'' which was really weird like I pass out and you say mate like that is weird, weird i tell you!. Wait mate, omg am I in a werewolf story, but wait he's not a werewolf gah I'm so confused and tiered... I think I'll just close my eyes for a second.

And then there was darkness.