Tripping over multiple times (again?!), I opened my closet and looked for something other than baggy jeans, sweat pants, plain shirt and ragged-looking clothes. I grunted and decided to find a dress. This was what I hate the most about socializing and parties and those kinds of stuffs, people—including me—are expected to wear something formal. And I hate being formal. I mean, the dresses? The gowns? The high heels? The glittery bags? And the curly hair? I don’t think I was born for that.

Stop, I thought. You’re just rambling because Blake’s here, I reminded myself. Just keep it cool, Nicolle.

I smirked at myself. Right, as if I could keep myself cool when my ex-boyfriend was here to pick me up. My ex-boyfriend which I still have not got over with.

My eyes caught sight of the freaking girl in the mirror. I grunted and said, “Focus, you moron! What the hell are you doing?!”

Out of the blue, I heard a male voice shout, “Okay ka lang dyan?!”

I slapped my forehead and looked away from the mirror as I replied, “Yeah. I’m good,”

“If you leave, I should have been better,” I added, whispering to myself.

I went back to looking for dresses or anything that would look good for Luke’s birthday party.  Ok, so, I have two dresses here and both were bought by Blake. One for Kirsty's birthday and the other for… No, actually, the other one belonged to Zelle.  

Not a second later, I found this skirt and grabbed it. It’s not like I had any other choice, right? And besides, I was running out of time. Now, I gotta find a top that would suit this gray skirt and... BINGO! I saw this pink fitted tank top. I wore the skirt and tucked the tank top in. As for my shoes, I think my white Keds would do.

I blew my bangs up and wore my glasses. I stepped out and saw Blake still sitting on the couch quietly. I blew out a breath and called his name out. He diverted his attention from nothingness to me and his eyes widened just a tad. Oh shoot. I forgot to look at myself in the mirror! Stupid. Stupid.

I smiled at him in an odd kind of way and he smiled back. He stood up and walked towards me. My feet got stuck on the ground, somehow.

"You look great," he complimented. I mumbled a thanks and before I could walk past him, he blocked me.

My heartbeat doubled. It's been too long since he was this close to me. I don't think I'm still used to it. I looked away from him and pursed my lips. My feet were again stuck on the ground and my stomach was turning upside down. When I finally looked at him, his expression was serious. His face was too close to mine. Slowly, he removed my glasses then smiled.

"Better," he whispered, his air sweeping across my face, his voice making the hair on the back of my neck stand to the end.  

I needed to step back. That was the most logical thing to do, but, seemingly, this spot right here became my permanent place. I could not side step, I could not step back. Heck—I could not even think normally! It was just too much. Blake was just too much. He was too close for my liking.

I had to get my personal space, back.

Crap, Nicolle. Get a serious grip!

Just when I thought Blake being so close was starting to blow up my mind, and my body and my heart—and my sane—I was wrong. The next thing he did was quite heart dropping. He moved his head closer to mine as he tried to kiss me. Of course, I knew it was wrong so I looked down immediately. I knew better than this. I knew we shouldn’t do that. I could not afford to mess up, again.

Not even when I wanted to… just for that one touch.

I thought about Andrew and all seemed defogged. I took back my glasses and wore them. "We should probably go." I didn't look at him. I stepped out and while he wasn't there, I sighed in relief. I almost couldn't resist that.