The White Ward

~~Dipper~~
A stench of disinfectant filled my sensitive nose. I could hardly see. Everything was blinding white.

"You okay darlin'?" The voice was sweet but rough.
"I-I think so?" I stumbled.
A nurse was hanging around the corner of the bright white curtains.
"What happened to me?" I asked.

She smiled. "Y'all took a pretty nasty hit to the head after your uncle drove into a road divider. You've been out for a while."
"Mabel! Oh god! Where's my sister?" I freaked out.
My body felt weak and trembling. My head ached with a horrid migraine, my thoughts were all over the place.
The nurse giggled.
"Your twin's in that yonder bed!"
Her thin finger indicated to a bed across the room. Mabel lay across it, her eyes shut, an oxygen mask over her mouth.

For some weird reason, I dreamt I was half deer and had two hearts, Mabel was gone, there was a stolen SUV...It all seemed to real. I had to check.

I shifted the covers. My aching legs were human. Maybe I had dreamt all this? No...too cliché...

Something itched against the bare skin of my thigh. I scratched at it in frustration. The object in question was a screwed up lump of paper. I unfolded it.
"Experiment #405: The Matter Transformer"
Below the familiar loopy handwriting of my uncle, was a diagram of the machine. The machine that changed me. Changed the down. Created Monster Falls.
It was real.
Everyone was in danger.
I, Dipper Pines knew how to stop the disaster.
Stop the American Government.
But I couldn't do it alone.

I waited until nightfall. My legs wobbled as I walked over to a nearby bed.
"Mabel? Mabel!"
The sleeping girl's head raised slightly off the pillow.
"What? Huh? Dipper!"
I pulled her up.
"Where's your legs go Bambi? You're human again...." She cast an eye down her own body. "OMG! So am I!"

"Mabel! No time for messing around! We gotta go! We gotta find Grunkle Ford and Keahi!"
"Who's Keahi?"
"Um...Bill kinda has a wife...complicated stuff..."
"But how do we find them?" Mabel asked.

"Maybe I can help with that m'lady?"
A strange floating boy drifted over to Mabel, his blue hair messed up.
"Will!"
Will led us safely down a corridor to the corridor that stemmed off from the ward.
The two embraced like old friends.
"Will? As in Will Cipher?" I inquired.
"Yes Pinetree! You read about me in the journal didn't you? I'm on Bill's page, in black light ink!" The small blue demon smiled. "I can locate Keahi and Stanford. B-but first...I-I suggest we -RUN!" He cried.
Men, clad in black kevlar armour, brandishing tazers started after us.
"I'll be back when I find them!" Reverse Cipher crowed in panic. He flew upwards through the ceiling.

The men closed in. I did the only thing I knew.
"Please just run you useless fleshsticks..." I willed my weak, jelly knees to move without letting me down.
I grabbed Mabel's hand and ran. I ran as fast as my stupid noodle legs would carry me.
We needed a plan, alas we had no time.
I was just gonna have to improvise.
That would go down well.
I gulped and ran towards the labs, Mabel in tow.