A Rude Awakening

I woke up to the sun's rays beaming in through the triangle window onto my face. I sat up and rubbed my eyes.
As I looked around, my eyes caught sight of Mabel's empty bed which must mean that I slept in late...she's never up before me usually unless I overslept.
I leant over to the bedside cabinet to grab my hat when all of a sudden I fell onto the floor and screamed in pain.
Suddenly, I realised I couldn't get up and I was stuck on the floor. I rubbed my head in pain until my hand came into contact with a strange fuzzy thing on the side of my head. In confusion, I leant forwards a few inches towards Mabel's pocket mirror (which had been thrown on the floor with half her belongings) to have a look at myself. When I saw my reflection, I screamed.

On my head, a pair of deer ears stood tall, swivelling as I willed them to, picking up all the sounds of the Shack. This was both awesome and terrible simultaneously. As I cast an eye round the room, I saw my shorts laying on my bed torn up. I dared to look down my body and I saw my t-shirt was bunched up on one side thanks to my fall but it revealed my skin gradually melting into soft, downy fur. My legs were worse. Instead of normal, human legs, I had the lower of a deer, powerful and strong. I even had a tail. A TAIL!

I couldn't even find the words to explain this but my gut instinct told me it was bad...but the question now was...Where the hell was Mabel?!