deCiphering Love

~~Keahi~~
I stared out in front of me, through the murky windscreen, at the dark road ahead. The headlights cast a pathetic spotlight onto the dust-beaten Oregon trail.
There was a tranquil silence that shrouded my SUV. Well, not mine...really...in truth, it belonged to my boss, Agent Trigger. I had "borrowed" it...only for a while though.
Clicking a button, the local radio came on, gently played the upbeat, cheerful beats of country music. I nodded my head in time with the music.
My eyes fell upon the bundle of blankets bunched up in the passenger seat. They quivered and the head of a dreary 12-year-old boy slowly emerged.
"Doing okay there kid?" I asked out of curiosity.
He looked at me, his ears pulled back.
"Y-yeah...I think so...what the hell happened?"
"You were kidnapped by the government but we saved you and I stole an SUV!"
"Cool!" He laughed, swiveling his ears.
"By the way, I never caught your name." I grinned.
The kid smiled sweetly.
"Dipper. Dipper Pines. Nice to meet you ma'am!" He doffed his trucker hat.
"Such a gentleman!" I guffawed, "The name's Keahi. Keahi Cipher!"
Dipper's smile slowly faded.
"C-Cipher?"
"Yeah...what's wrong?"
"Are you Bill Cipher?" He asked, his large brown eyes full of worry.
I could sense genuine fear.
This kid was scared.
And I didn't blame him in the slightest.
With a hefty sigh, I lifted my right hand up to show him a silver, plaid ring that graced my ring finger.
He stared in shock.
"Married." I answered darkly.
The atmosphere suddenly became colder. The radio prattled on in the background.
"Y-You love that thing?" Dipper cried.
"Unfortunately, I was too blinded by my own desire and happiness to realise or understand what was really happening."
Dipper nodded quietly as I proceeded with my story.
"I first met Bill at a local fête in my country. He was running a psychic stall - in a human form. He told me that he could see the future. At first I just passed him off as just another phony. I'd never really been one to believe in the paranormal. Anyways, be predicted that my friend was going to disappear and never return. And sure as hell, a week later, she did. I haven't seen her since. Well, I was curious as well as annoyed, so I went to find his tent. But it was gone. I was so mad."
Dipper looked at me. "Then what?"
"I went for a walk, tripped and fell. When I woke up, I was in hospital for concussion and there he was. Bill said he'd found me and brought me to the hospital as fast as he could. Then I did the worst thing possible. I fell again. But in love. With Bill Cipher. We dated for a few months and I really was convinced that he was the man for me! Next thing I know, we get married and I'm emigrating to live in America with him...well...on our wedding night...he told me what he truly was...not a sweet, kindly gentlemen...but a derranged, malevolent dream demon. He explained to me that by marrying him, I had made a deal to promise ny soul to him eternally in return for his protection. I still regret saying yes to this day...after that...well...let's not go into the nitty gritty details, shall we?" I smiled down at Dipper.
He smiled back. "Yeah let's just..." he trailed off and fell asleep on the dashboard.
I gazed at him for a moment, a picture of innocence. Then I drove off into night, quietly wondering to myself, how could I have done all this to my family...