The Genius and The Girl of the Sea

((Okay doods just a heads up, this chapter is very serious and may leave you gasping for air....if you hate cliffhangers....y'all are gonna hate me!))

**BACK TO DIPPER X3**

I was fairly relaxed now I'd had a moment to breathe. Ford came parading out of the radiation booth grinning from here all the way to Kentucky.

"Is everything okay Grunkle Ford?" I asked curiously, trotting forward to see what the matter was.

"Dipper, you're a bloody genius!" he yawped excitedly, scooping me up off the ground into a tight hug.

"T-h-a-t'-s g-r-e-a-t..." I spluttered, choking slightly.

"Oh, I'm sorry! I didn't realise how strong my new muscles were." he laughed.

He dropped me on the floor and I stood, brushing the dust off my vermilion shirt. Ford seized a piece of paper from his pocket and shoved it in my face. I gazed at it in realisation, then grinned ecstatically. I had done it! I laughed. I had successfully given the correct formula for Ford's most recent 'creation'. We had been working on it together for months and my most recent data I'd entered (Well, last data I entered before this mutation thing happened...) had come out positive!

Out the corner of my eye, I spied Mabel giving me the puppy-dog eyes. I walked up to her and I saw the sadness in her eyes. I guess it's hard to notice when someone's crying underwater. She swam up to the glass of the small glass sphere she was trapped in, the two metal supports blocking my full view of her face. I felt a jab in the back of my neck as Ford placed one of his humongous paws on my shoulder. Mabel stared at him momentarily before turning back to swimming in continuous circles.

"What's wrong Mabel?" I asked.

She turned her head and moaned, "I hate this! I'm just trapped in what is essentially a fishbowl! I can't go anywhere any more or anything!"

Ford looked sympathetic for a moment before smiling in remembrance.

"Actually," he grinned stepping forward and uncoupling the metal rods that held the sphere in place, "that might not be the case!"

Mabel winced but opened her eyes and swam forwards a bit and was astonished by the fact that the glass sphere rolled forwards with her movement.

"What the hay?!" Mabel shrieked, spinning in confusion just to find that the ball span with her.

"Calm down Mabel!" Ford cried and Mabel settled down and cocked her head at him.

"What is this Grunkle Ford?"

"This is called a gyrosphere. It responds to the movements you make and keeps you in a stable position due to special technology. All I did was fill it with water to accommodate your needs." Ford explained casually.

Mabel paused for a second, before gently edging forwards and the gyrosphere mimicked her movement. She suddenly grinned and let out a squeal of delight, racing off round and round the confined space. There was a sudden loud squelch and she stopped to see a flattened Soos beneath her. Soos reformed and sludged out the way laughing and racing Mabel round.

I let my eyes stray to the other room which had formerly contained the portal. The lights were off but I could here some slightly disturbing sounds coming from within. I ignored these and gazed closer at the small window which shone like an inky black mirror. I trotted up to it staring intently at my reflection. I suddenly noticed a blue glowing hand resting on my shoulder. I reached up to my should but felt and saw nothing. The reflection-hand then spread the blue glow outwards, forming into the shape of a human man. I stood in silence as the man who emerged smirked at me. He had a mop of yellow-blonde hair that gradually faded into deep brown and finally black. He was wearing a long, canary-yellow trench coat that had a brick-like pattern embroidered across the bottom. I then focused on his face. His right eye was covered by a black, triangle-shaped eye patch. He opened his only visible eye was pale yellow with a black slit for a pupil. I gagged slightly at the familiar sight of this man. He raised his hand and it burst into flame, the incandescent blue fire dancing round his fingers.

"Hello there young Pine-tree!" he roared before leaping forwards, causing me to wince.

Seconds later a loud smash rattled through catching everyone by surprise and I stood up in shock, watching the intricate web on broken glass extend across the entire pane.

"What the hell just happened?!" Ford exclaimed dashing forwards to see if I was okay.

"N-nothing much," I stammered nervously, "but-but there's one thing..."

"What is it Dipper? What did you see?" Ford shook me.

"He's back." I blurted out.

"Who's back-what?" Mabel urged.

"Cipher." I muttered in terror.

The room fell silent and I watched everyone stare at me in shock and fear.

It had begun.

The Mind Game has begun.

And there's no way to escape.