Dipper, the Deer with Two Hearts

The data sheet was covered in elaborate markings and equations but I wasn't interested by all that. What intrigued me was the data on my physical health. It seemed to show a normal human heartbeat randomly intersected by spikes of another heartbeat. This confused me greatly.
I reached out and placed my hand on my chest, feeling the beat of a normal human heart race away beneath my fingers. So if I had a normal heartbeat, then where the hell had this other one come from? Unless Ford had accidently connected an electrode to himself.
"Ford?"
"Yes, Dipper," He muttered gazing up quickly from the data sheet, "what is it?"
"Why has the machine picked up two heartbeats?" I spewed out.
"Probably just an error..." Ford said before turning back to the machine.

I frowned, then trotted out the room back to where Mabel and Soos were.
"Hey broseph!" Mabel shouted, a stream of air bubbles shot out of her mouth. I ignored her and sat down.
Undetered by my will to remain silent, she continued to speak, this time with a concerned look on her face.
"Dipper...what's wrong?"
I looked up at the genuine seriousness on her face. Despite her tendency to be silly, this time she looked like she meant business.
"Just...Ford's data sheet showed to heartbeats! H-he said it was just an anomalous result...but I...I don't believe him!" I yelled in fury.
Mabel looked taken aback and swam off to the 'corner' of the glass sphere she was in.
I sighed. You idiot Dipper Pines I told myself.
As I sat, my hands ran down the front of my shirt, down my stomach and across my new fur. It was soft and fluffy.
Then I felt it.
A soft fluttering in my new legs.
I had two hearts.
I sat in silence terrified by my sudden discovery. The only sounds were the gentle whirring of machinery, the swishing of Mabel's tail in the water and a sudden loud roar, accompanied by a piercing howl, echoing from elsewhere within.