Escaping Reality

Wendy glared at me curiously.

"Dipper?"

"Yes...it's me Wendy!" I replied cautiously.

The orange wolf sat up on her haunches and sniffed at me. I flinched back a bit.
Wendy dropped back onto all fours and stared at me.

"Dipper! Dude! I missed ya!" She suddenly yelled without warning, launching herself at me and hugging me tightly.

"W-e-n-d-y c-a-n'-t b-r-e-a-t-h-e..." I choked.

"Oh sorry!"

She dropped me and I stood up again.

We walked through into the other room where Mabel, Soos and Ford were, sleeping. I trotted up to Mabel's gyrosphere and tapped the glass.

"Huh?! Wha-?! Who's there?!" Mabel caterwauled in panic.

"Mabel! Keep it down!"

"What is it Dipper?" She snapped in annoyance.

Wendy then appeared at my side.

"Hey Mabel! Nice tail ya got there!" She laughed.

Mabel stared in delight.

"Yo guys, I was thinking, why don't we just ditch this junkyard and get outta here?" Wendy asked.

"Err...sure..." I muttered.

"Mabel?"

"Yeah! Okay!"

The three of us sidled over to the lift in silence and hopped in. When we reached the gift shop, Wendy grabbed a rucksack off the display and began stuffing it with various items.

"Dipper, go to the till and get all the money you can!" Wendy ordered.

"Okay!" I trotted to the till and began taking dollar notes out of the slots.
The dinging sound the till made almost made my ears blow off.

Wendy leapt off the shelves. Mabel rolled over to her. She slung the rucksack on and grinned at Mabel.

"You guys ready to hit the road?" Wendy asked seemingly rhetorically.

"Yeah sure I'll be over in a minute..." I smiled.

I looked at the small mirror that lay askew across the counter. I screamed. Screamed loud. Wendy unexpectedly lashed out and clapped her hand...paw over my mouth.

"Dude! Shut it!"

She let me go and I nodded silently.
She then gave Mabel a thumbs up.
Mabel rolled to the door and smashed it open. Wendy followed Mabel out. I finally relented and followed as well, cramming $850 into the inside pocket of my vest.
"Let's go!" Mabel squealed, racing off into the forest.
"Coming!"
I trotted on behind, still trying to process what had happened. Both times I'd seen my reflection, I'd seen Bill! But he was humanoid. This creeped me out and I concluded that I should stay away from all reflective surfaces. And always, watch the mirrors.