Mystery man

-Spencer's POV-

"Hello?" The voice sounded so familiar. "Hi. My name is spencer hastings. Do you know anything about Vivien Darkbloom?" I asked. "Ah. Vivien." So familiar! But from where? "She spoke of you. The try hard. How's hockey?" He asked. I could tell he was smiling. "It's good. Anyways. Can you tell me anything about Vivien?" He sighed.

"She talked about you guys a lot. Emily, the shy one. Hanna, the hefty one. Aria, the secretive one. And alison, the devious one." I laughed. Hefty hanna. "So she mentioned alison." He didn't answer. "Did she say what happened?" He sighed again. "Murder."

I looked confused. How would she have talked to him? "When was the last time you talked to her?" "This morning." Woah. Short answers now. "In person?" "No." "When was the last time?" No answer. After a minute, the familiar voice answered. "Alis funeral." I gasped. "You were there?" The voice hesitated.

"I've said too much. All I can say is that Vivien is running. For her life. From someone, not even she knows the identity of. Find this person. Save her. 'People generally see what they look for, and hear what they listen for.'" The phone went dead.

"People generally see what they look for, and hear what they listen for.." I repeated to myself. That quote sounded familiar. I pulled out 'to kill a mockingbird' from my bag and flipped through the pages till I found what I was looking for. My eyes widened. Could it be..? I stood up without taking my eyes off the pages and turned around. When I glanced up, I dropped the book in surprise, and the phone fell too.