Red coat

-Spencer's POV-

I decided to keep it a secret. To keep Toby safe. That's what he'd want. Or at least that's what -A would want. If I told, someone would get hurt. Just then, my phone rang. Blocked ID. I hesitated before picking it up. "..hello?" I said, kind of nervous. "Hey spence it's aria. I need you to come to the hospital. It's hanna." She said. Then, she hung up. Why wasn't she on her phone? I shook my head and grabbed my bag, driving to the hospital. When I got there, Aria and Emily were waiting for me.

"Spence, Hannas here. She was with her mom and they got in a car accident. She's okay, but she's on crutches. She broke her ankle." Aria said. "Oh no" I said. "Is she seeing people?" I asked. Emily nodded. I entered the room.

"Han! Are you okay?" I asked. "Yeah, I'm okay. It just hurts." She sighed. "Awh han, feel better! Did you already talk to aria and em?" She nodded. "Darn. Why am I always last?" I joked. We both laughed. "Hanna, it's time for me to cast your foot. Your friends have to wait outside. Oh.. Hi spencer." A British voice said. "Wren." I said, tensing up. "I'll see you later han." I said,walking out. "Okay, why the hell is wren her doctor?" I snapped. "He insisted. Hanna thinks he has a thing for her." Emily answered. "Ew. I have to pee. Ill be back." I walked to the bathroom.

After I came out of the stall and started washing my hands, a blonde girl walked out of the stall next to me, zipping up her.. Red coat. She was wearing a hanna mask. She threw a black hoodie, pair of gloves, and a note at me. I just stared at her, and nearly dropped them. After she left, I opened the note. 'Your officially part of the -A team. Tell anyone but mona, and someone else dies. -A.' It was written in all caps. Toby's handwriting. I stuffed the jacket into my bag and walked out.

"How bad did you have to pee?? You were in there for almost 10 minutes!" Aria said worried. "Sorry. Girl problems." I said. "I have to go. Ill call you later. Melissa wants me home." I sighed, hugging them. Then I walked out. I was part of the -A team, and I couldn't tell Toby. I pulled out my phone and called mona.

"Hey spencer, welcome to the team. Check the right pocket of the jacket. There should be keys to the lair." She said. "Got them." I said pulling out a pair of black and gold keys. "The black is the RV. The gold is the lair. And remember. Don't tell ANYONE." "I know," I sighed. "What's my first mission?" "Write an -A note to Toby. Ill text you what to write. Then I want you to put it on his pillow before he gets back. You have one hour. Ill text you when he leaves. I told him I'm in the bathroom. We're in the lair." "Kay." I hung up. My phone buzzed. 'New member of the -A team. Watch out. -A.' I sighed, pulling out the sticky notes from the other pocket. Then I took a pen, and wrote in arias handwriting. I crumpled the note and decided to write it again. Who's handwriting should I use? I thought about it,but then it hit me. Melissa. I pulled on the gloves and hoodie, wrote the note, and drove to his apartment. When I got there, I saw his car pull up. Dammit mona! This was a test. I had to get in and out, and quick.

I sprinted to the stairs and ran to the door, grabbing the Spare key from on the top door ledge. I slipped the key in and turned it. I could hear him coming. 'Come onn, unlock!' I thought. Right as the footsteps stopped, I got in. I jumped in and closed the door, sprinting to the bed and putting down the note. I jumped into the closet as the door opened. The footsteps moved to the bed. I peeked through the crack and he looked around the room, scared. He crumpled the note and walked to the bathroom. Once the door was shut, I ran for it. I stepped on the carpet and slid. Toby pulled open the door right when I landed, on my face. "Hey!" He yelled. "Who the hell are you?" He yelled at me. I stayed silent. He grabbed my arm. Shit! I kicked his hand and ran. Ran down the stairs and out to my

Car. Then I started the engine and drive off. Phew.

"Spencer, what are you doing?" Melissa asked. Shit. "Nothing, I was at the hospital." I half-lied. "In a hoodie and gloves?" I sighed. "Wren was there I didn't want him to see me." I completely lied this time. "Smart. Okay. Go to sleep, it's 11." She told me. "Fine, night" I said walking to my room. Once the door closed, the tears Came. I couldn't believe I had to keep this secret from toby. More secrets, more lies. I wiped my eyes. No, I was doing this FOR Toby. To keep him safe. He would do the same for me, I thought. Wouldn't he....?