Alone.

-Spencer's POV-

I picked up my phone from the floor and frantically texted the girls 'SOS.' They were here shortly after. "What is it?" Emily asked. "I don't know," I said still shaking. "'Hey bitches. Remember me? Listen to what the bear says. You have 48 hours. Good luck. -A'" hanna read. "What does this mean?" Aria asked me, or rather, -A. "Is that lipstick?" I nodded. "Look," I said, picking up a tube of lipstick from next to the bear, and handed it to aria. Then I picked up the bear. "Jungle red." Aria read. "Alis color." Emily sighed. "Listen," I said pulling the string on the bear. "Follow your mind but not your heart. The path of secrets will show you the way." The bear said, and kept repeating. "What does it mean?!" Hanna asked. "I don't know! Video it!" Em said, and aria pulled out her phone, and started the video. After this, we called toby.

"Tobes, come over as soon as you get this message. It's important. Really important." I said. "That was like the 15 thousandth message you've left him! Where is he!?" Hanna yelled. "Patience!" Aria snapped. Just then the back door slammed. "Toby?" I yelled. Footsteps came up the stairs and to the door. Hanna picked up the lamp. "Calm down hanna," em said. Then I opened the door. Hanna swung and Toby caught it. "What the hell hanna. You were going to kill me. With a lamp. So original." He said, taking it. "So what did you need?" "Where have you been, tobias cavanaugh!" Hanna yelled. We froze. "Woah. Girl. Calm yourself." Aria said pulling her back.

"Anyways, look at this." I pulled him over to the mirror. Then I showed him the bear. "... Follow your mind but not your heart. The path of secrets will show you the way.? What does that mean?" He asked. "We don't know. That's why I called you." He sighed. "What could it mean..." "Barn." Aria said calmly. "What?" I asked. "Barn." She repeated. Then I realised what she was saying. "She means the barn we were in the night Ali went missing." Hanna gasped. "We have to go back there." "It'll be so weird. None of us has been back there since that night.." I half gasped. "Memorial day weekend. The day Ali disappeared." Emily mumbled.

"I'm coming with you." Toby insisted. "No. It's too dangerous." I sighed. "Exactly. I'm going." He answered, or rather, told us. I sighed. He was so protective. "Tonight?" Emily suggested. "How about 9?" Aria put out. "I cant. I have... Field hockey practice." I lied. "Oh give it up," hanna started. "Your just too scared." She finished. "Am not. It's just creepy." I shivered.

They all stayed at my house until nine, when we began tramping through the misty foggy woods. Owls hooed in the distance and wings fluttered through the trees. I could hear the church bell ring from afar, the same bell Ian died on. I shivered at the thought. "You cold?" Hanna asked. I nodded, covering my thoughts. "Here, take my jacket." Aria said, handing it to me. I pulled it on, shivering again. This time I was actually cold. I could hear the leaves crunching against our feet. One, two, three, four, five sets of feet. I felt Toby's fingers lace between mine, which made me smile.

After awhile I felt. Toby drop my hand. "You okay?" I asked. No answer. I waited. "Tobes?" Still no answer. "Aria? Hanna? Emily?" No answer. I turned around. No one was there. 'Stop trying to scare yourself,' I thought. 'It's too dark to see anyways. They're trying to scare you.' "Guys this isn't funny!" I yelled. "Seriously!" I listened around me. One set of feet. Mine. They were gone. My fear of being alone in the forest at night was about to come true. "Toby!" I screamed, my voice breaking from the tears I was suppressing. I pulled my phone out and checked for service. One bar. "Yes" i mumbled, trying to find more bars. "Come on.. Come on.." No bars. "Dammit!" I yelled again. This time I let the tears come. I leaned against the tree, sliding down the rough bark, running my fingers through my hair. They were gone. I was alone. Completely alone. My fear came true. This is actually happening.

I cried for at least an hour, all alone in those woods. The last thing I remembered feeling was fear. For my own life, but also for my friends. My boyfriend. I had known aria since I was 7, and hanna, since I was 9. Em, since 14. Mid thought, something hard and heavy crushed down on my head, and everything went back.