The fight

-Toby's POV-

After she was asleep I decided to sneak out and grab something from my apartment. When I got there and unlocked the door, I smiled at the scrabble board. It was the same board we used on our first date. I opened it to look at the full board and a sticky note fell out. I picked up the pink paper and it read '10 pm wrights playground. Join the -A team, be a good boy Toby. -A'. I slipped the note into my pocket and locked the door to my apartment and drove back to the hospital. Spence was still asleep when I got there so I snuck in.

I pulled out the bedside desk and unfolded the game board placing it on the table. On the board I wrote 'I love you spencer' in scrabble pieces. Then I placed a vase of roses and purple lilacs with a card. And on the card in all caps (gold lettering) I wrote 'get well soon. - Toby.' I rolled the table infront of her and kissed her head before leaving.

-Spencer's POV-

My eyes drifted open to the scent of fresh roses and lilac, my favorite. I smiled as my eyes adjusted. Infront of me was a vase of flowers, a note, and a scrabble board. The board we used on our first date. It read 'I L O V E Y O U S P E N C E R' in scrabble pieces. Awh, Toby was so romantic. There was also a note, which read 'get well soon. - toby' in gold lettering. Awhh!!!

-Toby's POV-

When I walked in, she was awake and smelling the flowers. "I love you too toby" she said smiling. We kissed quick. "Wanna play?" She asked. "Sure," I said.

•••••

"Ha! I win!" I said after about an hour of playing and talking. "Darn," she said, and I kissed her. "It was fun to kick your ass at scrabble." I grinned. "Mhm" she said as she read the text she had just recieved.

-Spencer's POV-

'Tell him anything about me and someone dies. -A'. My smile turned into a frown. "Spencer what is it?" He asked. "Hmm? Oh nothing." I answered, deep in thought. "Spencer it isn't nothing. Tell me." He said, not willing to give up. "Really it's nothing." "Spencer don't hide from me!" He yelled. "It's complicated." "It's always complicated. There's always something you can't tell me. And this is what's keeping us apart. It makes me so mad to know you can't tell me something. And you know what, it isn't complicated. But I'll make it easy on you. Ill find out for myself." He said slamming the door as he walked out. My eyes welled up with tears.

-Toby's POV-

"I'll find out for myself." I said, walking out and slamming the door. "Emily, what can't spencer tell me?"I asked em, who happened to be standing outside the door. "Hmm?" She asked. "I know you know." I said. "I think it's best you stay away from her. There has to be a reason why she isn't telling you.give her time." "Oh em don't you shut me out too! I have friends in all the wrong places.. + misery loves company.." I whispered as she walked away.

-Spencer's POV-

After about 3 days I was out of the hospital. "Go away melissa, I don't wanna talk about this!" I yelled. "I told you that Cavanaugh guy was never good for you! He's dangerous!' She yelled back. "Just go away!" I yelled slamming my door. The tears came streaming down my face. I picked up my phone and dialled Mona. "Hello?" She said on the fourth ring. "Mona we need to talk." I said. "Hello spencer," she said. "How's toby?" That bitch! "You need to stop. What did we ever do to you? What did we take from you?" I yelled. "What would you be without me?" She asked. "Would you four have even been friends again if I hadn't reunited you at alis funeral?" She asked. "This is it. Because I am sick of your games. We all are. You are so full of yourself. What is a leader without any followers? Because it seems to me that the question isn't whether we will exist without you but whether you will exist without us. And as far as I'm concerned, you are dead to me already." I said. The line went dead. I threw my phone across the room and buried my face into Toby's shirt which he had given to me last time he came over. I criedand rocked myself to sleep.