Chapter 11

Chapter 11:

Cameron had told Zoey and I to meet him on a tree in the forest of camp. We had no idea what he wanted or why we needed to have a meeting in a tree, but we went there anyway.

“Hey guys! Up here!” Cameron waved to us from a tall tree.

“Do we really have to climb all the way up there?” I asked.

“Yeah come on! It’ll be worth it!” He said.

I sighed and looked to Zoey “You wanna go first?”

“Why not, just get it over with” She said.

She climbed up and hung onto the branch; I climbed up and sat on it with Cameron. Right as we got up a mutant laser squirrel killed three birds that were above us. Some feathers fell down onto us.

Cameron held one and I gasped “Let’s make this meeting quick so we don’t end up like those birds”

Zoey sighed “Cameron, do we have to meet all the way up here?”

“Yeah, you should know I’m not a climber” I said.

“I’m sorry guys; it’s the only place that’s private. Aside from the innumerable cameras” Cameron said pointing to all the cameras that were watching us.

“First order of business, get rid of Scott” Cameron said.

“That jerk’s kicked off so many people! Now it’s his turn to feel the pain!” Zoey said. She then looked at me “I mean if you’re okay with that Julie”

I waved her off “Guys I’m totally in. Sure I’m into Scott…but I’m more into his looks and nice side and, you know kissing him and stuff-”

“I think we get your point” Cameron stopped me at kissing. I laughed “Sorry. But all that aside, he is still the jerk that made a lot of good people go home. He doesn’t deserve the million at all. I’m in this with you guys”

“Maybe I can convince Lightning to join us and vote off Scott!” Cameron said.

“Yeah that’s a great idea, I’ll help if he gets too thick-headed” I said.

“Awesome! Then it’ll be three to one no chance of a-AHHH!!” Zoey yelled. The branch we were all sitting on broke, sending Cameron and I to the ground, and Zoey holding onto the tree for dear life.

Cameron and I screamed till we landed. He landed on the ground, as for me, Scott was at the bottom and caught me in his arms.

He shoved Cameron away from us and into one of his snare traps. The trap scooped Cameron up and threw him far away from us.

Scott let me down and I glared at him “Was that really necessary?”

“Duh? Cameron’s no use to me, but a pretty Julie is” He smiled and pulled me closer to him. After we both accepted our feelings for each other, he had no problem being touchy-feely.

Sure it was nice when he was nice, but he just pushed one of my best friends in a snare trap, I’m not too happy with boys that do that.

“Oh shut up” I shoved him away.

“Today’s forecast? Geeky showers with a chance of nerd” Scott said, I went to yell at him again, but Zoey’s screaming made us both look up.

She landed in his arms like I had “And girl” Scott finished. I rolled my eyes at him.

“Scott?!” Zoey said.

“Zoey!” Scott said “Nice of you to drop in! I just had a killer idea, totally up your alley, here it goes: you me and Julie team up and vote off Lightning!” He nudged me when saying my name.