Chapter 28 Legolas

Emily

~~~

I felt it when Fili was stabbed. It hurt so bad that I screamed loud enough for everyone to hear.

Desperately I fly above the battle field holding my stomach and searching for him.

"FILI!" I call desperately. Finally I just close my eyes and follow the bond I feel.

"Emily?" I hear Alex mutter when my feet hit ice ground. Opening my eyes I see Fili holding Kili in his lap who's clutching Alex's hand.

"Oh my Valor," I gasp and rush forward. I see blood everywhere and by the looks of it most of it is Fili's. "What happened?"

"Had a-a bad r-run in with Azog," Fili stammers as blood leaks from his lips. He attempts a smile at me and fails.

"Fili please don't do this," I murmur and gently move Kili aside so I can see his wound. Alex weakly sits up and stops my hands. "Don't leave me."

"Emily," she says and looks me in the eyes. I lock eyes with her and my heart clenches. She's saying there's no hope. Fili is too far gone.

"No, this can't be our goodbye," I argue weekly and shut my eyes tightly. Looking over I see Alex attempting to wrap Kili's wound and praying under her breath. I look back at my own lost lover and hang my head.

"It's okay," Fili murmurs and smiles a scarlet smile.

"No it's not," I argue and pathetically shake my head. "Fili." I feel fake my heart break and break again every time we lock eyes.

"You'll be okay," Fili promises. I look away from him unable to comprehend. Alex has tied Kili's wound tight and now just cries on his chest. New hope or desperation must have triggered her actions.

"How can I be Fili. Our story wasn't supposed to end this fast," I utter and let out a small sob. "I love you Fili." Fili runs a bloody hand through my hair and pulls my head to his chest.

"I love you Emily Writle." All my emotions come spilling out in loud sobs and pleas after his words.

"Fili if you must die..." I choke up and inhale sharply. "P-please die knowing that your life was my life's best part," I state firmly and kiss him. Our tears mix together and I feel everything he's feeling in that moment.

It ends all too fast and before I know it he goes limp and his eyes still.

"Fili?" I ask and shake him. "Fili?" Hopelessly I shake his shoulders.

Seconds later overwhelming loneliness and grief consume me and I'm left a wailing mess.

~~~

Tauriel

~~~

Bolg drags me down with him when I charge at him in a blind fury. I let out a yelp of shock when I hit the ground before him.

"TAURIEL!" Grace shouts and I see she across a gap next to a crumbling tower. Legolas is on the tower shooting down orcs for Thorin and Alllie.

With horror in my eyes I stand up to face my foe as he comes to his senses.

For Lacy I hope I make it out of this alive.

~~~

Grace

~~~

Reaching back I make a grab for an arrow only to see I'm empty.

"Legolas I'm out!" I shout up to him. "We need to get to her!" Legolas immediately reaches for an arrow to find he has emptied his quiver as well.

"The war beast!" Legolas yells to me and I turn around weapons raised to see one charging at us.

"I got it!" I crack my neck and pull out my larger set of daggers. With a loud battle cry I sprint at the beast and using a nearby rock for a boost I hop on top of the beast. With a triumphant grin I stick a dagger into its skull ad yank to the left so it bangs into the ancient tower knocking it over. Legolas jumps to be ground safely while the tower falls across the gap creating a bridge. The beast falls flat to the ground dead in seconds.

"I love you," Legolas exclaims breathlessly and pulls me in for a quick kiss before we dash to Tauriels aid. I try not to let his words rattle my focus.

Bolg turns to us and smirks. I let out a chuckle and step on the bridge.

"Come at me!" I dare and hold my arm out to stop Legolas from going further. "Let his ego destroy him." Legolas looks at me and nods in understanding.

Bolg stalks towards us and onto the rickety tower bridge with his weapon raised. He carries a large mace with a sharp spike in one end.

The spike drips with blood.

My stomach turn at the sight, that could be my friends blood.

He comes closer and I quickly move at him. I strike at his chest only to be blocked, I then uppercut his arm with my other hand making him flinch back. Legolas surges forward after me to deal another blow to his arm before getting knocked back.

With adrenaline rushing through my veins I step back and examine my possible actions. Bolg stomps towards me and swings his mace. Without thinking I jump down into a tower window to miss it.

"Oh this was stupid this tower could crumble at any second," I mutter and crawl through it. Above me Legolas battles on and pushes Bolg back. He's trying to get him off the tower so it won't fall.

For a moment I watch him amazed by how swiftly he moves and his he manages to dodge each swing of that mace. Bolg presses forward and backs Legolas onto solid ground again. In that moment I spring up through another opening and stab Bolg in the back.

"Die," I command coldly and twist the dagger before sticking my other dagger in. I drag them down his back and hold them in for good measure. Bolgs body falls and I shove it off the bridge before looking to my soulmate.

"Grace," he stutters and blood pours from his mouth. My triumphant from falls from my face when I see him.

His hands are clutched around a gaping hole in his chest.