Chapter 20 New Wave

Sam

~~~

"HAH! HAH!" I yell as I take down orcs with my axe. I force all my anger and frustration into each swing and decimate my enemies.

Allie is dead.

Another orc beheaded.

Thorin killed her.

An orc sliced down the middle.

"Sam the dwarves have fallen back to the mountain," Jacob reports. He is wielding his scimitars perfectly and taking down foes left and right. Bilbo is near him having returned from Dale, fighting like a pro.

I watch in horror as another wave surges towards Erebor.

"How many more can there be?" I ask incredulously.

"I didn't know there were this many orcs in all of Middle Earth," Jacob remarks.

Suddenly a loud horn sounds over the grounds.

"Thorin," Bilbo states. "That's the horn of Erebor."

Out of nowhere the gallery's bell come bursting out form the mountain blowing the gate completely out.

"Allie's body what if its crushed now?" I murmur. I am glad the dwarves decided to join the fight but Allie's body can't be crushed. She wanted a nice ceremony with flowers for her funeral.

"To the King! To the King!" I hear Dain cheer. Dains army seems to be rallied by their ling jointing and fight with renewed vigor.

"The Dwarves, they're rallying," Bilbo comments. Seeing the company show up gives me hope.

"They're rallying to their King," I say. "Maybe we can win this."

~~~

Natalie

~~~

With a heavy sigh I let myself fall to the ground to rest.

"My lady are you hurt?" Smaug asks suddenly landing next to me. How can he manage to move so quietly?

"Dear Valor Smaug do you hear everything?" I exclaim.

"I make it a point to hear everything you say," Smaug replies and gives a grin that makes me feel all fluttery.

"You're sweet."

"Any man who wants to give their last, follow me!" Bard shouts and rallies the remaining men that are able to walk and wield a sword. Their seems to be a lot of last hope rallies going on.

"I should probably get up and help," I mutter. I'm so tired but I can't just sit this out.

"If you are too exhausted you don't have too," Smaug points out.

"Help me up I can sleep when I'm dead," I huff and hold out my hands. Smaug bends down and lifts me with ease.

"Are you sure?"