Chapter 47

Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

Tock.

The clock in the corner taunts. 18 hours. Where is her body? Where is she? She can't be far, they can't have taken her far.

Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

Tock.

"Harry!" Paul shouts, bringing me back to reality and I look up into his eyes. "We've raided their camp but we can't find her anywhere, but they haven't searched the east wing yet because of the new fence they put up. She could be there."

"I'll go." I say, standing from the chair.

"Harry, no. The fence is coming down as we speak, and Niall and Louis are already there. They'll make su-"

"Even if Niall did find her he would probably burn her body! He never cared for her."

"We will find her, Harry. She's somewhere."

Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

Tock.

"Harry?" Eleanor speaks from the door.

"What?" I look up and Paul's gone, it's just her.

"They've taken the wall down and they're there. They've searched the immediate places but now they're going to go underground. We'll find her."

"And if we don't?"

"Harry," Eleanor sits in the chair across from me in Paul's office. "Annabelle was dead. She was gone anyway. Whoever has her can't hurt her." She says gently, reaching for my hand but I snatch it away.
"We'll find her." She says.

Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

Tock.

"Harry, you've been in here for 3 hours. Come on, come shoot with me." Zayn pleads.

"I'm waiting to hear." I tell him, my voice monotone as I stare at the floor.

"Stop doing this. You think if she was here she'd want you moping around? No. She'd want you to go shoot something or beat someone up."

"Was killing her cousin not enough?" I spit, looking venomously into his eyes.

Silence.

Tick.

Tock.

"She wouldn't want this. You know that."

"She would do the same thing." I growl, looking back to the floor.

He stays silent because he knows she would.

Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

Tock.

"They've raided the east wing top to bottom but they haven't found her. They're going underground in the opposite wings but by the look of the terrain it won't be easy. It might take a while." Paul tells me.

"Let me go find her." I say, my eyes still stuck to the ground.

"No Harry. You stay here. You'll be no use over there and you'll only become worked up and turn again."