sleepy and stubborn

One month later
                 (Abby's P.O.V.)
Jacob has completely recovered except for some minor stress, but I've been trying my best to help him. Today is a Wednesday and we had school, I had to run out and get to my bus stop, and usually I just make it before the bus left. I saw Jacob waiting at our stop and he waved at me. "Hey beautiful" he said as I got closer. He looked super cute. He had on a gray shirt with a black pocket and had the sleeves rolled up. I think I waited to long to respond because he grabbed my hands and looked at me in concern. "Is everything okay?" He had crazy bags under his eyes. "Yeah" I said smiling. "Have you been sleeping ok?" I continued "Better than usual" he responded, looking away. "Okay" I said, kissing his cheek and letting go of his hands as the bus pulled up. As we got on the bus we saw Amy and Derek so we sat next to them. They were arguing, something about Mark and Loren Beech. They were talking about how they though they were secretly dating. Jacob and I quickly got engaged in this conversation because Mark and Loren were both of our friends. It soon turned into and argument between Jacob and I. "I wouldn't be surprised if they were" Jacob remarked.  "There's no way Loren and Mark are or are going to date." He laughed, knowing how competitive I was, his eyes lit up like there was a light bulb above his head. He had and idea. "Okay, I'll bet you for it." "What's the bet?" I replied. "Whoever loses has to audition for the lead in the school play." I agreed and we shook hands. The rest of the day was a blur.
                        (Later that night)
That night I got in bed at 10, but I stayed awake in bed for awhile. I could swear I could hear a noise. Like panting and low volume rap music. My thoughts almost immediately went to Jacob. I had seen that he had mad bags under his eyes today, what was that about? And why wasn't he getting enough sleep? I decided to sneak out and go see him. It wasn't really sneaking for half the time because my mom wasn't home and I had the house to myself until atleast 2 a.m. (She's a nurse). Once I got to Jacobs door I realized it was locked. It was cold as balls outside. Crap. I thought. So I texted him.
a- babe im at your door let me in
j- what an honor to be in your presence, omw.
What a little sassy bitch. That's what I loved about him. I was far off in lala land when I realized the door was open and we had been staring at eachother for what felt like five minutes (probably 30 seconds). "Are you gonna come in, or...?" He said chuckling. I rolled my eyes and walked in. We went up to his room. His whole family are very heavy sleepers. When we got to his room I heard quiet rap music. We both jumped under the covers and he pulled me close. He got a notification on his phone that Mark was live and asked me if I wanted to watch. I gladly said "Yes". He turned it on. We probably layers there for twenty minutes before he said something about Loren and smirked. I knew at that moment that my side of the bet was going down in flames. Jacob had come to that realization too, because he kissed my forehead and cockily said "you're gonna get a great part in that musical" "what an asshole" I said. Then Mark said something surprising. "okay guys Loren and I decided to finally come clean about something, we've been dating for a month now" "fuck" I whispered. Jacob just smiled. I loved his smile. "I lovvvveee youuuuu" he belted out. I clicked off his phone. I had had enough of Mark for the night. The next thing I knew I was on Jacobs lap making out with him and things got heated. Then I remember what I came to do and I eased out of the kiss. He frowned at me. "Jacob" I whispered, "we need to talk" he must've thought we were breaking up or that I was pregnant or something because his face went white. "Are you, Are you, are you...." "No Jacob I'm not ending it" "but I am worried about you." He looked me square in the eyes in that moment, and a tear rolled down his cheek. "Why haven't you been sleeping baby?" "Ever since my panic attack I've been getting the most awful nightmares, it's embarrassing" he said softly. ""Do you think you could get some rest if I stayed with you tonight? "Yes" he said looking away from me. Screw my mom. Screw the world. All I cared about was Jacob. And in that moment I could've sworn we were infinite.
Here you go bbs. Disclaimer: Loren and Joey are adorable together. I in no way want Mark and her to date.