hurtful mistakes

(Abby's p.o.v.)
"Abby, I love you." I heard Jacob say along with some other stuff. He really did. It was real. But how did I know that he wasn't just going to go off and kiss some other girl again. I didn't, and that's what scared me most of all. He caught my attention again by saying something like "and I know you love me too Abby, even if i am a big screw up." and it was true, I did. I hadn't realized it until he hurt me so bad, but I did. I was still upset, and pissed, I wanted to slap him and run away, but I also wanted to kiss him and stay with him forever. It was like being split in half. I had no idea what to go with, my head or my heart. I opened my mouth to tell him I loved him but then I closed it. What if he didn't actually love me, and just said it to get my attention. I would figure that out later but couldn't tell him that I loved him, or at least I couldn't yet. I skated away and walked off the ice to find Amy. After looking for what felt like hours was probably 5 minutes. I found her and Derek talking by the vending machines. They saw me and they both said "hey" I walked closer to Amy and told her I was going to walk home. "You should have Jacob walk you home." Derek said. Oblivious to what happened. Amy elbowed him in the side and nodded her head at me. I was extremely grateful that she understood. She was a good friend. When I finally got home I checked the time, it was 4. I decided to take a nap, I needed to sleep off how terrible I felt, mentally, and physically.

(Jacob's P.O.V.)
She ran away, after I told her I loved her. She probably didn't love me back, and honestly I understood her reasoning. I looked like a lying, backstabbing, jerk. Now I was the heartbroken one. At least I had a taste of my own medicine. I had tried texting and calling her a total of 47 times, with no reply. It was 8 o'clock and I was depressed. I lost the one I loved the most doing something dumb and extremely regretful. I wanted kill myself. Not in a suicidal way, just in a way that made me want to be harsh on myself for all my screw ups, because without her, I might as well have died.

***Narration***
They both lied awake late that night. Upset at each other, but themselves mostly. Maybe what they need was each other, to balance the other out, or maybe what they needed was space and time and distance, but regardless they belonged together, and that they both knew.

I'd tell you I miss you
but I don't know how,
I've never heard silence
quite this LOUD.

Comments are one of the main things that keep me writing on this story guys. I like to know that you like it and want more. xoxo -Abby