Prologue: The Night

Two years ago...

It was time. And Nightfighter knew it. He couldn't stop thinking about how long he's taking though.

He's coming, don't worry he must just be late, Nightfighter tried reassuring himself.

He looked up into the cloudless starry night sky, it seemed to him that he could see every single star in the sky.

He sighed, like that can happen.

He looked around and saw the usual peaks jarring out of the land and saw a Skywing or two fly about in the distance, breathing out a plume of fire every now and then. He also saw the view of Jade Mountain, again, the view got so boring to him. It was just everyday life, sitting around doing nothing.

He wasn't like the typical Nightwing, sure he had the plain old scales a Nightwing usually has. But everything else about him was different, he had light blue eyes, he grew up in the mountains, he had tear drop scales near his eyes on top of the powers Nightwing's didn't have for centuries. He had both mind reading and prophecy telling. He was only four years old, still a young dragonet. But. . . he felt like he was much more.

He walked back into the cave he had lived in his entire life and he breathed in the usual scent of old scrolls.

He walked in a circle worrying. He should be here by now, maybe he got captured by Skywings? No, that would never happen, not even if any of the Sandwing sisters win the war. He growled, Nightfighter knew he would come late, but not this late.

Just with that final thought, something behind him went thump. He swirled around only to face Galaxy, he relaxed a bit now knowing it wasn't any intruders.

"You surprised?" asked Galaxy, a bit mockingly.

"No, anyhow you're late," Nightfighter stated trying to change the topic, yes he does get easily startled by some things, but not everything, Nightfighter thought harshly.

"Oh, forgive me for making you worry Night, I ran into a bunch of dragons, from different tribes too."

Nightfighter stopped listening when Galaxy said Night, he was sure that only his parents called him that when Nightfighter was still an egg.

It doesn't matter to me anymore, they abandoned me. Despite that fact, he liked being called that.

Night couldn't read Galaxy's mind because of some sort of training he 'underwent', it was always this kind of wierd fuzz around his head. He was supposed to be a mentor of some kind but Night didn't know what kind of teaching he does. He also wears this kind of band around his neck with a dark stone on it.

Weird, Night thought.

Night then realized what Galaxy was saying before, "Wait, dragons? From different tribes? Together? In this war?" Night questioned himself.

"Well there are some explanations to that, either Talons of Peace or..." Galaxy said drifting off at that last part.

"It can't be." Night said matter-of-factly.

"It can, it could be them. They could have escaped from their, guardians." Galaxy stated.

Well it could be them, Night thought. Actually, it couldn't. It couldn't have been the dragonets of destiny he read so much about. Maybe, just maybe.

Hello reader and thanks for checking out and reading this sorry excuse of a story, if you enjoy this be sure to leave a vote (wow I'm such a sellout). That will be all.