Side Story : CHAPTER 37

Start from the beginning

I frowned then yelled. What the hell was this?! I don't know what the hell was going on! This was crazy. This was totally crazy. I yelled again. Luke didn't move a single muscle. He just stood there staring as I hysterically let out my anger and frustration.

“SAMANTHA!” he screamed.

I didn’t stop shouting words. I don’t even know what’s coming out of my mouth. All I wanted to do now is to scream until I lose my voice.

“Samantha, stop screaming!” he told me.

But I didn’t.

He ran his hand through his hair and threw the bag he was holding at the floor, loudly.

My heart raced at what he did. Scared, I ran to the nearest corner and slumped down. Cupping my ears with my hands, I closed my eyes and bit my lip until I tasted blood.

“Stop. Stop. Stop,” I begged.

I shook my head briskly.

“Samantha, stand up,” he ordered, coldly.

And I did. I frowned as I started to hit his chest with my fist."Stop yelling at me! Stop yelling at me!" I shouted. Ironic, isn't it?

He grabbed my arms and stopped me but his serious expression did not recede. 

"Gusto ko lang na maging exclusive na tayo pero hindi mangyayari yon kung si Harold na lang lage!" He pushed me away gently. 

I turned around. "We're already dating. What else do you want?" I asked calmly, trying to cool myself down a bit. 

He grabbed my shoulder and turned me around to face him. He gently cupped my face with both of his hands and closed his eyes. He moved his head closer to mine. I felt his breath sweep across my hot and probably red face. 

He opened his eyes. "Gaya ng sinabi ko, gusto ko lang, maging tayo na." 

I removed his hands from my face and pushed them gently away. I looked at his face and he looked at mine. "Ano pa bang gusto mo? I've changed. Hindi na ako tulad ng dati. Samantha, sabihin mo, ano pa bang gusto mo?"

I breathed deeply. I didn't say anything. Someone entered the back gate. Luke looked at him. "Get out!" he ordered. Without hesitating, the guy shuffled away from the back gate.

"Samantha," he called.

"I just need more time, Luke,” I inserted.

"More time?!" he asked, disbelief all over his features.

I jabbed his chest with my index finger. "See? That's what you get from getting everything you want. You couldn't wait. You don't know how to wait!" 

"I've waited for almost ten years! Gaano pa ba ako katagal maghihintay?!"

"Wait longer!' 

"Look. Listen to me. I'm trying so hard not to blow the chance you gave me! You're giving me a hard time!" 

"Good. Just the way I wanted it!" 

He sighed in anger. 

"We're a couple! From now on, tayo na!" 

"Fuck you, Luke. We are not a couple!" 

He turned around and kicked the nearest car until it alarmed. He continued kicking and kicking and screaming in Chinese.

"Stop.Talking.In.Chinese! I don't understand you!" 

He faced me then grimaced. "I don't understand you either!"