{Mute} Chapt. 2

Kakashi's POV

The next morning, I couldn't find Alice anywhere. This is bad. I looked all around the house but she was nowhere to be found. I ran outside, hoping she was out there. Then, I heard crying. "Alice!" I called. I ran behind my house and found Alice by a tree.

She was sitting on her knees with her hands pressed to her face, crying. "Alice, are you okay?" I asked as I ran over to her. Alice didn't respond as she continued to cry. "Hey, what's the matter?" I asked her. I kneeled down in front of her.

I saw blood in front of her. I looked at her knee, seeing it was scraped up badly. "What were you doing? How did this happen?" I asked. What's the point of asking her if she won't talk to me? Alice removed her hands from her face to look at me.

My eyes widened slightly. Her eyes weren't red anymore. They were Sharingan. How was she able to obtain it? Unless... she's an Uchiha. But how? The only living survivor is that boy, Sasuke Uchiha. I'll have inform Lord Hokage.

But first, I need to take care of Alice. "Alice, can you stand?" I asked her. She shook her head as she wiped her tears. I picked her up and carried her back inside my house. I took Alice to the bathroom, set her on the counter, and cleaned her knee.

When I was done, I wrapped her knee in a bandage. "Does it still hurt?" I asked her. Alice shook her head. "What were you doing behind the house anyway?" I asked. Alice didn't answer as she looked at her bandaged knee. Right, she won't talk.

I'm going to assume she was training. Alice sneezed before wiping her eyes. I could see the sleep in her eyes. "Alice, were you training all night?" I asked her. Alice nodded her head. That explains the cut on her knee. "Alice, if you wanted to train, I could've helped you," I said.

Alice stared at me, not saying a word. "Next time if you want to train, just tell me. Or, I mean, just um... well, inform me about it." I said. Alice nodded her head. I smiled and helped her off the counter. I noticed all Alice was white clothing.

Does she like any other colors? "Alice, we're going to buy you some clothes, okay?" I explained. She nodded and followed me to the store.

Alice looked around the store, checking out red and white outfits. She tugged my arm and pointed at a white kimono with red pattern. On the back, was some kind of sun. "You want to get this?" I asked. She nodded her head yes.

I bought her the kimono along with more red and white outfits. We walked back to my house and I hung up her clothes in her room. When I was done, I turned around to see Alice not there. "Alice?" I called. Not again.

"Alice!" I ran out of the house looking for her. How is she able to get away from me that quickly, and that quietly?! "Alice!"

Third Hokage's POV

I was doing paperwork until I heard the door creak open. I looked up from my work, spotting Alice as she peaked out from behind the door. "Is there something wrong, Alice?" I asked her. She didn't answer as she stared at me. Right, I forgot she couldn't, or refused, to talk.

Alice walked over to my desk then stopped, staring at me. "Is there something wrong, Alice?" I asked. She looked at the ground then wiped her eyes. She's tired. "Alice, where's Kakashi? I thought he was with you?" I said. Suddenly, my door burst open.

"Lord Hokage, I can't find her! I've looked everywhere and I can't-" Kakashi stopped talking when he saw Alice in front of my desk. "Alice, there you are." Kakashi said. "Wait, you're saying you didn't know she was here?" I asked Kakashi.

"No, I was buying clothes for her and when I was hanging them up for her, I turned around and she was gone." Kakashi explained. I looked at Alice as she stared at me. She must be pretty fast to get away from Kakashi.

"Well, it's a good thing you showed up. I was going to tell you that Alice will be starting the academy tomorrow." I explained. Alice didn't say anything of express any emotion as she looked at the papers on my desk. "Are you okay, Alice?" I asked her.

She didn't answer or nor or shake her head. She just stared. "Lord Hokage, I actually have to talk to you about something." Kakashi said. "Very well. Alice, would you mind stepping outside for a moment?" I asked. Alice gave a small nod then left the room, closing the door behind her.

I looked at Kakashi. "What is it?" I asked. "This morning, I found Alice behind my house. She had scraped her knee while she was training," Kakashi explained. "Is she alright?" I asked. "Yes, I had already took care of her knee but I found something strange about Alice." he said.

I raised a brow at him, curious. "What did you find out?" I asked. "She has the Sharingan." Kakashi said. "Are you sure?" I asked.

"Yes, do you think she could be a survivor?"

"Maybe. But even if she was, I don't think she would remember, and I don't think she would tell us. She hasn't spoken for a whole week, according to the nurses."

Kakashi sighed. "Kakashi, I suggest you go get Alice now before she runs off again." I suggested. "Yes sir." he said before leaving my office. "Not again!"

I sweat dropped. Something tells me he lost her again.

Kakashi's POV

"Alice, where are you!" I called. I can't believe I lost her again! "Alice!" I called. I stopped running when I found her on a swing. "Alice, you shouldn't run off like that. What if something could have happened to you?" I said.

Alice looked at me then tackled me to the ground. "Oof! Alice, what are you doing?" I asked as I sat up a little. Alice didn't respond as she hugged my waist. She stared off into space, as if thinking about something.

Why is Alice so quiet? Why won't she talk? Did she lose her voice? I sighed and attempted to sit up some more, but Alice held me down. "Alice?" I looked at her. She hugged me tighter and began to cry. "Hey, what's wrong? Why are you crying?" I asked.

Alice looked at me as tears fell from her eyes. I may not be able to understand her but I might be able to read her face. I looked at her face. It read: "I'm scared and I don't want to be alone." I stared at her before petting her head.

"I won't leave you, Alice. I promise." I said to her. She gasped slightly, surprised that I was able to read her. I smiled at her before gently hugging her. Alice sniffed and hugged me tightly, not letting go.