Atlanta, Georgia

Ian:

The real question is, was I dreaming last night?

I mean, I had to have been. It was the perfect dream, one that I had quite frequently. The way we were on the beach, and it was raining, and the ocean, and him falling on top of me... there's no way it wasn't a dream. But, it just felt so real. And usually I don't have dreams where I go to sleep in them. Like, in whatever it was, a dream or reality, after Anthony ran away, I found myself unable to move. I just laid on the sand, my eyes wide and lungs heavy and mind going a million miles a minute. Anthony kissed me. My best friend. The love of my life. The man that just rejected me less than a week before. He kissed me. Me.     

So, anyways, after I finally got myself together enough to walk back to the hotel room, I shakily entered to find no one. For a second, I was actually slightly scared that he fled and left me alone. But then, to my relief, I noticed the bathroom door was closed and the shower was running behind it. I sighed and sat down on the floor (not wanting to get the beds all wet), and found myself unable to do anything but think. Why the hell did he kiss me? He obviously didn't like me. If he liked me, he wouldn't have rejected me like that. So why did he? He was sober. He was basically over his heartbreak; he wasn't lonely. I had just come to the conclusion that he didn't mean anything by it, he was just caught up in the moment, when the bathroom door opened, and I instantly panicked, having no idea what to say. But, he refused to even look in my general direction, only hung up his towel and put his dirty clothes away and crawled right into bed.

I wanted to say something about it, but decided now wasn't the time. Instead, I just got in the shower, where I really tried to not think about it. But one thought just kept rushing back to my mind:

If he didn't mean the kiss, why did he seem like he enjoyed it?

*

Ever since then, he's been trying to make things as normal as possible, like he's just ignoring the fact that it even happened. And I've just been playing along, but we both knew it happened and we would have to talk about it eventually. And I was determined to soon. I just had to build up the courage. 

We got to Atlanta around eight, and I would have to say it was basically the perfect time. The sun was just setting, and the buildings were lighting up, shining bright against the nearly-black sky. Before arriving at our hotel, Anthony pulled over next to these fountain things that lit up bright colors and just looked really cool. We got out and stood behind them, admiring the view, and then, without my brain even giving the command, I asked.

"Why the hell did you kiss me?"

And he stared straight right ahead and shook his head grimly. "I don't wanna talk about it."

"You can't avoid it forever," I stated, shifting uncomfortably.

"I can actually," he muttered.

"No, because I'm gonna force you to tell me why."

He groaned and spun on his heels, walking back towards the car. I struggled to keep up behind him, looking like a little puppy.

"Anthony, I just want to know-"

"I don't know why the hell I did it, okay?" he interrupted, spinning around and looking down at me seriously. "I just did. And right now, I'm trying to forget about it, so I would really appreciate it if you could too."

He got into the car and slammed the door, and I have to say, I was a little disappointed. I was half-expecting him to confess his love for me and kiss me again, not tell me to forget about it. I was kind of offended he would want to forget about it, actually.

And, after that, things got awkward again.

A/N: Sorry for such a short chapter .-. but yeah. Ugh guys I start school next Wednesday, and I'm taking a ton of AP and honors classes, and I'll also be taking driver's training in the fall :( So yeah I'll be like, super busy. I'm really sad because I'm sure I won't be able to update much at all. And I'm going to Mackinac this weekend (yes, the place I wote about before), so I won't be on then either :/ ugh fuck school I'll be a stripper. See ya latah c: