Mermaids

Credit to Inf1niteFlamez for the idea. Thank you!❤️

You and Dipper's Age: 14

~•~Dipper POV~•~

I sat on a big rock in the lake. Mabel was having a crazy sleepover with Candy, Grenda, and Pacifica.

Yes, her and Pacifica are friends now.

I was reading one of my books. I should do this more often, it's very peaceful here-

I was interrupted with my train of thought when I heard someone giggle. I jumped and looked around. I scanned the lake, but, nothing was here. I started to continue with my reading again, but I heard someone giggle again.

It definitely sounded like a girl. I scanned the area again, but longer. From a few feet away, I saw something move in the water. I looked around for a small rock. When I found one, picked it up and throw it at the spot where I saw something move.

The rock sank into the water, but it didn't look like it hide anything-

"Hey! Why'd you hit me with that rock!" Someone yelled, appearing next to me.

I screamed and fell off the rock, into the water. I quickly swam up to the top, inhaling deeply and coughing up some water. I looked around to see who it was, but the person disappeared. I felt a tap on my shoulder from behind me. I quickly turned around, and became face to face with a (H/c) haired girl, who looked about my age. She gave me a side smile, rubbing her head.

"Sorry man, but you kinda deserved that cause you hit me square in the head." She said, still rubbing her head.

"O-oh, s-sorry about that." I said, blushing from embarrassment.

When she finally got a good look at me, she smiled sweetly.

"Hey, your cute." She said.

This time I blushed from her flirting.

"Oh, sorry, that came out weird. Let me start over- Hi, I'm (Y/n) (L/n)." She said, holding her hand out so I could shake it.

I noticed that her hands looked a little- webbed. Like what some kind of sea creature has. I reached my hand out slowly towards her.

"Dipper, Dipper Pines." I said, as I shook her hand.

"So, I haven't seen you here before." She said.

"Oh, yeah. I was just trying to find some place peaceful since my sister has her friends over." I shrugged.

"Really?! I was doing the same with my brother! Expect, his friends were trying to flirt with me, and it was gross." (Y/n) gagged, making me chuckle.

"Well, the girls weren't trying to flirt with me, thank goodness, but they were just being very loud and stuff." I said.

"Oh, well, that's good." She nodded.

There was some silence afterward.

"So, why were you in the water in the first place?" I asked.

"Well, if I don't, I'd most likely die, so..." She said.