I

If you haven't already read Ben Solo, I'd recommend you read that first. This all would probably make a lot more sense.

As night fell on Dantooine, a Jedi broke out of the rubble.

Luke Skywalker, son of Anakin Skywalker, who trained under the expertise of Obi-Wan Kenobi and Yoda, whose padawans included his own nephew.  A dynasty of Jedi.

Though the Jedi order had been for the most part destroyed, by his father no less, he strove to rebuild it, although differently.  There were no temples left, all those that were known had been reduced to nothing but rubble.  All that was left was the Code.

He surveyed the academy, burning. 

He paused. Something felt different. Wrong. But he couldn't tell what it was.

With a deep breath, he opened the door, igniting his lightsaber.

Nothing.

A door was open, down the hall and to his right.

He walked quietly towards it and looked inside.

It was Kilya, dead, her lightsaber rolled away from her hand.

Panicked, Luke ran down the hall to the kitchen. There lay Onya. In the dining hall, Anina and Aaron. The training room, all of the refugee children.

In the meeting room, Averann's body lay, Ilia's lightsaber nearby, her own cut into pieces.  Mei lay with a hole burned through her neck, a wound that could have only been a lightsaber's.  Ilia had fallen to the same weapon.  But whose?

His mind flickered, recalling things he had brushed off before.

The feeling of the Dark Side.

The power which had once called to him, as it had his father.

The sleeplessness of one of his padawans, his growing aggressions.

Only one he had not seen.

Ben.

He walked to the barracks, almost hoping to see his nephew's body, lifeless.  At least he would not have turned if he were dead.

Nothing.

One last place to look.  He went towards the front door to the academy and, using his lightsaber to illuminate the hall, almost stumbled upon something.

Luke groped for the wall, for the control panel that would shed some light on the tragedy.

He blinked in the light and squinted.

He had tripped on a sliced lightsaber.  A green crystal lay in pieces over a single carved word.

BEN

Luke took it as a cry for help, though it wasn't.

A cry of help to save him from the darkness.

He had most likely gone to Snoke's headquarters, wherever that was.

But before he could try to track him down, Luke needed to tell his sister.

She would know how to counter any attacks the First Order might launch on the base, once Ben told them the location.

He ran out to his X-Wing and departed.