XLIII

It had been exactly ten years since Kylo Ren had accepted his new name.

The FN division, whose importance to the war had not yet been realized, was finishing the last few days of their assessments.

Kylo had noticed something he couldn't pinpoint. He felt something wrong with the division, yet he passed them anyway, since Phasma was confident in them.

He was standing on the planet, Starkiller, looking out a window at the nearly completed super weapon.

Only another few days until it would be ready.

He turned as his door stood open. A flustered officer stood there, eyes wide and terrified.

"What do you want?" Kylo Ren asked.

"You're needed in the control room, immediately."

He scowled beneath his mask and brushed past the young officer.

Hux was frantically tapping around on a keypad.  He turned, almost guiltily, when Kylo Ren entered.

"What is it?" Kylo Ren grumbled.

"Sir, you won't like this at all."

"Of course I won't.  I was busy and called away."

Hux took a deep breath.  "The files containing the map were terminated."

Kylo Ren put out his hand and dragged the general across the floor until he was held an inch above the ground by his fist.  "By who?" he bellowed.

The general flinched.  "Lieutenant Hrodlich."

He fell to the floor with a thump as the angry man strode over to the cowering officer.

"Why did you terminate them?"

"It-it was an issue with the system, sir."

"You blame my system?" Kylo Ren asked, reaching into his belt.  Hrodlich swallowed.  "You blame my system for your mistake?"

"I'm sorry, sir!"

Those were the last words he said before all he saw was a flash of red light.

"Take him away," Kylo Ren said.  "And, Hux, if you value your life, find a way to get the map back."

"Yes sir," Hux said, motioning for someone to take away Hrodlich's body.

Kylo Ren stormed back to his chambers, sitting down to watch the sun be absorbed into the planet.

His General tapped around frantically, through the archives, until he found a large map, only one piece missing.  It had been three hours, and the draining sun was setting.

He turned to an officer and told him to call Kylo Ren into the room.

The man stormed in minutes later.

Hux pulled up the map on the hologram table.

Kylo Ren looked over it, making sure it was the right map. Hux watched him with concern.

Concern for his own life.

He let out a sigh of relief when Kylo Ren began to nod slightly.

Kylo Ren left without a thank you.

Only one more chapter after this one!