Utterly in Love

this is completely and 100% inspired by the documentary Bridegroom... pls don't hate me after this
(also this takes place before same sex marriage was legal).

Connor and Troye. Troye and Connor. Everyone loved them, and they loved each other, however they didn't like showing it off.

When they were out in public, they'd go to a secluded area to kiss or hug.They'd put a blanket over there arms to hold hands while on a plane. They loved each other, but they never wanted to make the others on the plane uncomfortable.

They wanted to find a way to tell each other that they love on another in public without uttering hose three words, so they created a code. Three taps.

They could be sitting at dinner with friends, then suddenly Connor places his hand on the table. Tap Tap Tap.

Troye would do it in return.

Tap Tap Tap.

And that was their was of signifying their love for one another. Three taps, that's all. it took.

__

They created that code two years into dating, they were now on their sixth year. Though the law prohibited them to do so, they were practically married (not legally, of course). Connor decided to try and make it as official as possible by buying Troye a ring for Christmas.

My dearest Troye,

I love you more than anything. 2011 is bound to change our lives.

tap tap tap, Connor.

And oh was Connor right, 2011 did change their lives, dramatically might I add.

It was an early morning in June, 2011, both boys seemed to have woken up on the wrong side of the bed. Connor had accused Troye of leading the toilet seat up, and from there it lead to multiple different arguments. Their original plans of spending the day with their good friend, Alexa, had been changed. It was just Connor who would be going.

The plan was to spend the day together, taking pictures as if it were a mini photo shoot. Connor was hella excited, and Toye knew this, so he decided it'd be best of he stayed back, that way he and Connor wouldn't fight too much during the shoots.

Through out the day, Troye and Connor had been texting, trying to make up for what had happened earlier.

I love you, Connor, I really do.

I love you too, Troye.
I'll text you later, Alexa and I are on the roof taking pictures. Be home soon xx

PLease be careful please stay away from the edge.
I'm not kidding!

Troye never got a reply after that, figuring Connor had now started his photo shoot with Alexa. Troye had started to work on upcoming music for his EP. He absolutely loved writing, singing, and producing songs. It was one of his favorite things to do.

Troye was really into the song he was currently writing, really feeling like this could be a hit. That's when Troye received a text from Alexa.

CONNOR FLEL

Troye's heart fell into his stomach as he quickly texted her back.

this isn't funny, Alexa! Don't kid.

Then he heard sirens.

Alexa... ALEXA

We're going to the hospital please hurry Troye She typed. Troye didn't think twice before jumping out of his chair and running out the door.

He prayed for Connor to be alright.

__

As soon as Troye entered the room in which Alexa waited, she immediately ran to him, uttering words that made Troye cry even more.

"I wish it were me, it should've been me" She repeated. She was single, Troye and Connor were in love. It wasn't fair that this had to happen to Connor, but it did, and that's the way life is sometimes.

"How is he?" He asked between sobs. She only shrugged her shoulders.

And they waited.

They waited and waited and the nurses wouldn't let Troye see Connor, despite the fact that he was his boyfriend. They waited and waited as Troye called his family, asking them to pray for his boyfriend.

They waited and waited, then the doctor appeared.

His smile, God it was such a sad smile. And Troye knew, Troye knew Connor was gone, and there was nothing he cold do about it now.

"I'm so sorry," Was all the doctor said, and soon the room was full of tears. "Troye, if you'd like, you can, uh, come and see him."

Troye waisted no time nodding, following the doctor down the never ending hall into Connor's room. There lied Connor, motionless and cold with tubes all around his body.

Troye couldn't take it. The love of his life was in front of him, dead, and there was nothing he could do to ring him back. So, he did the only thing he could do.

He placed his hand on Connor's leg and tapped three times.

Tap Tap Tap

__

Fast forward sixths months and it was now Christmas. Troye sat in front of Connor's grave, fiddling with the ring on his finer, and the second ring he held in his hand.

"One year ago, you bought me a ring and gave it to me," Troye started, wiping his tears as the cold Minnesota air surrounded him. "And today I'm giving you this, you were and still are, the love of my life, Connor Joel."

Without another word, Troye set the ring next to the artificial sunflowers.

ingrained in the ring were three words and three words only.

Tap Tap Tap

--
A/N

THIS IS SO BAD BUT IM IN TEARS RIGHT NOW SO I DONT CRE OKAY BYE