Funny

Prompt: Connor & Troye meet for the first time on the bus in kindergarten.

Words: 1019

"Have a good first day, baby, I love you!" Connor's mom shouted from the curb as Connor walked onto the big yellow form of transportation.

It was Connor's first day of kindergarten, and his first time on a school bus. He was nervous, but he wouldn't let it show. He needed to be Mommys Brave Boy like he had promised.

Once on the bus, the bus driver directed Connor to sit down somewhere near the front by the other kindergarteners. The only seat open was one next to a little boy with brown curly hair and piercing blue eyes. So, Connor sat down.

"Hi, I'm Connor" Connor spoke, setting his backpack on the floor in front of him. "What's your name?"

"Troye" the other boy replied "with an E" Connor began giggling

"You talk funny" Connor pointed out.

"You talk funny to me" Troye giggled. "Which class are you in?"

"Ms.Helbigs" Connor answered

"Me too!" Troye cheered. "We're gonna be good friends"

--

Now it was the first day of third grade, and like he had for 3 consecutive years, Connor sat next to Troye on the bus. Same seat. Same Troye.

"Hi Con" Troye greeted as he took his seat. "Guess what?"

"What?" Connor asked, excitement filling his voice. Troye was always full of surprises.

"We're getting a puppy!" Troye cheered. "We already picked her out. Her name is Jagga"

"Jagga? That's a funny name" Connor giggled.

"Pre is a funny name" Troye countered back, referring to Connors cat.

--

Now, it was the first day of sixth grade. First year in middle school.

"Troye, I'm nervous" Connor confessed as he looked out the bus window. "It's a new school and we're going to be the youngest kids there"

Troye chuckled a bit, placing his hand on his best friends shoulder. "Con, don't be nervous. We have most classes together"

"What's your home room again?" Connor asked, trying to calm his nerves.

"It's with Mr.Sugg" Troye replied "same as yours"

"Sugg is a funny name" Connor giggled.

"It really is, Con" Troye laughed.

--

"Tomorrow is the Last day of middle school" Connor smiled, sitting down next to Troye on the bus. "You excited?"

"Y-yeah" Troye stuttered, putting his hood over his head as he continued to face out the window, not making any effort to make conversation with Connor.