Presents

"okay everyone, take one name out of the hat, and remember, don't tell anyone who you picked. After all, it's called Secret Santa for a reason" Tyler explained to the group.

Currently, a group of us all sat around a single hat filled with our names on it. We have to go around picking a name, then we have to get that person a gift.

Zoe picked her name first, followed by Joe, Troye, Hannah, then me.

I let out a sigh of relief as I pulled the name out of the hat. Troye.

This was perfect. I knew Troye very well, I could get him exactly what he wants.

--

Apparently I don't know him as well as I thought.

"Connie Frannie," Troye called out, walking up behind me and wrapping his arm around my shoulder. "I know in not supposed to tell you who I got for the secret Santa thing, but I got Tyler and I want to get him something nice, ya know?" Troye went rambling on about how much he wants to impress his crush with a fabulous gift.

Disgusting.

It drives me crazy how oblivious Troye was to my feelings. I liked this boy so damn much and he can't even register that because a he so caught up on what Tyler thinks of him.

The thing is, all of our friends know of my crush on Troye, including Tyler (who has his eyes on Korey). Nobody wanted to break the news to Troye that Tyler didn't like him back, so we all decided to keep it quiet. All of them, including Tyler, have been trying to get Troye to be less oblivious to my liking towards him, but he won't listen. Something truly frustrating as you can imagine.

"I'm sure you'll find something" I commented, walking passed the many outlet stores within the mall. I told Troye that I'd help him get gifts for his family, when in reality I only came here to see if I could get any gift ideas from him.

Suddenly, Troye came to a halt right outside the music shop. "do you think he'd like a record player?" Troye asked, mesmerised by one currently sitting in the shop window. He placed his hands on the glass, looking at all the little details. "It's so pretty. And the colors are nice and subtle."

"he already has one" I replied, looking up at Troye. We've used it multiple times before, Troye even in the room as it happened.

"but, it's so pretty," he whined, trying to convince me to agree to the gift choice.

"I think you're the one who wants it, T" I laughed, grabbing onto his wrist and pulling him away from the window. "Let's find something he doesn't have."

--

A few weeks later and it was finally the day of the gift exchange. The presents were all stacked under the beautifully decorated tree sitting in Zoe's living room. One by one, I greeted very body with a quick hug.

"let's start with the gift exchange" Zoe smiled, clasping her hands together. Everybody agreed as they made their way over to the tree. "so how this is going to work is, you're going to open you gift then guess who it was from." Everybody smiled in agreement as Zoe picked up the first gift.

"okay, this is for Ingrid" Zoe smiled, handing her the small bag. Ingrid grabbed it from Zoe.

"This is from Joey, definitely," she giggled, pulling out the multiple red lipsticks he had given her, "he always jokes about my lipstick."

Joey laughed in return, "what can I say?"

The gift exchange went on from there, everybody mostly got each other gag gifts. This made me feel like I might've went over the price limit for Troyes gift, but I didn't care. I just wanted to make sure he was happy, and I wasn't about to give him a stupid gift from the dollar store.

I had received a mug with a plush cat inside from Hannah, everybody joked about how she was 'feeding my obsession.' Troye laughed too, which I didn't mind.

Finally, it was Troyes turn. Zoe struggled picking up the gift(s) and hanging them to Troye. "Why are there two?" Troye questioned Zoe. She shrugged in response. "I'm guessing this is from Connor, since he's the only person left." Troye smiled in my direction, causing me to blush and subtly nod my head in the affirmative.

"Why are there two?" Zoe questioned.

"it makes sense once he opens it. But he needs to open the bigger one first." I explained. Troye looked confused, but opened the gift all the same. The red wrapping paper was discarded to the floor, and the expression on Troyes face grew to on of shock and happiness.

"you didn't" Troye gasped. "Connor, this..." he started, covering his mouth as he examined the gift more.m"This justice cost you so much."

"Well what is it?" Tyler sasses, trying to sneak a peak of the gift.

"He got me a record player.  The one I was looking at in the mall with him." Troye stated, the smile never leaving his mouth.

"damn" was he only thing Tyler replied with.

Troye looked over at the other gift sitting next to him "And this?"

"open it," I smiled. The smile on Troyes face is something I want to remember forever. It's a smile of pure joy, and God, that makes me so happy. Troye opened the remaining gift, revealing an Adele and Oh Wonder vinyl. Troye stood up soon afterwards, making his way over to me. I looked up at him and he offered me his hand, and I gladly accepted it.

"You went over the budget," he explained, looking at me right in the eyes.

"You deserved something more that twenty dollars, you're worth so much more than that." I replied.

"You make me hella happy, Con"

"that's good." I smiled. "you deserve all the happiness in the world" Troye then engulfed me I a hug, squeezing me tight, I couldn't breathe, but I didn't mind. Troye was my oxygen.

I opened my eyes, looking behind Troye. Everybody was laughing as Tyler motions upwards, telling me to look up, so I did.

I looked abode me to see mistletoe hanging. Actually, Ingrid was holding it above our heads. Troye followed my actions and began laughing. "Fuck it," he breathed, removing his hands from my waist and bringing them up to my face. "You're okay with this?" he asked, making sure he had my consent.

"So okay," I smiled.

--

A/N

merry belated Christmas. I was supposed to finish this by Christmas but I got lazy so hERE YOU GO ENJOY THIS CHEESY CHRISTMAS ONE SHOT GOOD BYE