Creepy Men

Prompt: Troye is in the bar alone when some creepy man begins to hit on him. Connor, from across the bar, noticed Troye's uncomfortable state and went over to save him.  Which, leads to an entire new relationship between the two

Words: 942 (IM SORRY)

--

Work had been extremely rough for Troye. His boss kept yelling at him, his co-workers were slacking off, and to top that off, he was behind on his work.

It was a Friday night, and the stress was getting to Troye. So, like any single 22 year old would do in a situation like this, he went to the local bar.

He noticed the only seat open was one between a couple who didn't give two fucks about PDA, and an older gentleman who, if he was being honest, intimidated Troye.

Troye really needed a drink, so he took his chances and sat on the open bar stool. He ordered a drink and began stirring it as he looked at the TV. He could care less about all the sports playing, but he was alone with nobody to talk to, so it was his only option.

After a few minutes, Troye couldn't help but notice the man next to him giving him looks. Troye worked up the courage to confront the man.

"Can I help you?" Troye asked, clearly annoyed.

"Yeah. I was wondering if you could tell me why a cute boy like you would be all alone on a Friday night?" Troye was disgusted by the mans attempt to flirt. He must've been at least 50 just by looking at him. Troye shifted uncomfortably in his seat as the man continued to talk to Troye.

Connor, sitter across the circular bar, noticed the actions happening between the 22 year old and the 50 year old. Connor knew Troye didn't know this man, considering Troye walked in by himself.

As Connor studied them even further, he noticed Troyes uncomfortable state.

The older man started to touch Troye on the shoulders, and Troye would shrug the mans hand off.

The man would make conversation with Troye, and Troye would just give him simple one-worded answers.

The man would move closer to Troye, resulting in Troye moving shifting closer to the couple next to him.

Then, The older man went as far as placing his hand in Troyes hair, playing with the limo curls. And that's when Connor decided enough a enough and he had to do something to protect this nervous boy.

Quickly, Connor developed a plan and made his way over to Troye, however he didn't know his name was Troye at the time, so he came up with an alternative name instead.

Once Connor approached the older man and Troye, he quickly looked over to Troye "Erik! I've been looking for you all night!" Connor shouted, catching Troyes attention. He looked confused as Connor ran over and embraced Troye. "I'm trying to save you from this creep" Connor whispered in Troyes ear.

Troye relaxed a bit, wrapping his arms around Connor. "You're late, Andrew" Troye replied, playing along to Connors little game. They let go of each other, and Connor grabbed Troyes hand, leading him off the stool. "Let's go, babe" Troye stated, loud enough for the creep to hear. Connor nodded before looking over to see the shocked look on the older mans face.

Once they were out of sight, Connor released Troye's hand. Troye turned to the boy and smiled. "Thank you," he paused, not knowing Connors real name.

"Connor"

"Thank you, Connor. That man was really creeping me out" Troye laughed off, walking towards the exit with Connor.

"I could tell" Connor chuckled, stuffing his hands in his pockets as they exited the bar and began walking down the street. "And I'm sorry, I don't even know if you're gay or not. It was the first thing I could think off to get you out of that situation" Connor made sure he stated.

"No it's fine" Troye chuckled. "I appreciate it, really. And beside, I'm gay so it doesn't really bother me" it always felt weird for Troye to say that to strangers. He's been out for a couple years now, everybody in his personal life knows, but strangers, like Connor, don't.

"I never caught your name, by the way" Connor broke Troyes train of thought, not having a reply to Troyes previous statement.

"Troye. With an E" he informed. Both boys didn't know where they were waking, they just went wherever their feet carried them.

Their cars were back over by the bar, which was back the other direction. They only knew one thing for certain, they really enjoyed each other's company. And they only met a near 10 minutes ago.

But soon, those minutes turned to hours as they spent their entire Friday night together at the pier. They talked, laughed, played games, shared food, and got to know each other even more.

The entire incident that had happened at the bar was completely forgotten by now. Besides, who needs a creepy old man when you have Connor?

Troye had learned a lot about Connor. And as they talked more, they felt like they've known each other for years rather than 4 hours.

They had the same interest to the point where they were practically the same person. And they admired that.

Then, it came time for the pier to close, which lead to a goodbye between the two boys. Not before exchanging numbers, of course.

Connor knew that Troye was something special, and he knew that they would be seeing a lot of each other more. That was just reality.