Lies

"Soooo" Ricky stated excitingly to the group of friends sitting around the lunch table, capturing their attention. "Con Bon has some news" He smiled, nudging Connor in the side, making his cheeks rise up with heat.

The group, which consisted of, Lilly, Troye, Trevor, Tyler, Hannah, and Grace, all looked over at Connor, giving him a questioningly look.

"Ricky, it isn't that huge of news." Connor stated looking at Troye in the eye. Troye encouraged to make this announcement to the group, giving him a simple smile. Connor smiled back, making Troye's heart race.

"Okay, okay" Connor finally spoke up again. "I'm, i, I'm not single anymore."

The group praised Connor, asking him who the lucky person was. Meanwhile, the smile that was formed on Troyes face immediately dropped.

Here's the thing; Troye and Connor have been friends since they can remember. They always hung out everyday. Then they grew distant in middle school and made new friends. Once out of middle school, they realized how fucked they were without each other so they started hanging out more. Thus, creating this group of friends.

However, amongst this, Troye developed a crush on the older boy. Which, of course, made everything entirely difficult.

Connors smile dropped too as he noticed the frown forming on Troyes face. "Troye are you okay?" The boy questioned, ignoring all of his friends questions on who Connor was dating.

"Me? Yeah I'm fine. I just remembered I didn't do my homework" Troye lied, hoping he had convinced Connor.

"Oh. okay" Connor hushed out, turning back to his curious friends to answer their questions. "Anyways, last night Bethany asked me out, so I said yeah" Connor explained nonchalantly. 

"Nice, dude" Lilly praised, the rest of the group nodding in agreement. Troye tried to act happy for Connor, but he simply couldn't. 

It wasn't because of troye's crush on the boy, sure that was part of it. But he couldn't help but notice that Connor didn't seem happy. 

__

And sure enough, as the days progressed, Troye noticed the fake smile on Connor's face. The way he subtly wipes of his lips after he and Bethany kiss. The way that Bethany is always the one to initiate the kisses or hand holding.  Troye noticed Connor's heavy sighs and depressing tweets. Troye noticed it all, but it seemed as if everybody was oblivious. 

Grace, Lilly, Troye, Ricky, Connor, and Bethany were all gathered around the front of the school, waiting for the rest of their friends to arrive. Ricky, Grace, and Lilly were holding a conversation whilst Troye listened in on Connor and Bethany's conversation. 

"Friday's our one month" she said, swaying Connor's hands back and forth in the air. Connor plastered a big fake smile on his face. 

"Yeah"  He replied

"Did you plan anything?" Bethany asked, now fiddling with his fingers.

"I'm, I'm supposed to plan something for a one month?" Connor questioned, panic coating his face. Bethany nodded.

'Well, you don't have to but you should, ya know?" Connor nodded in response, a heavy sigh leaving his mouth. 

Troye, being Connor's ride home, noticed Connor's discomfort and decided it was time to leave, although the parking lot was still full. 

"Con, let's head to the car now." Troye stated, interrupted on the conversation. Bethany looked up at Troye, giving him a look of scolding. Troye ignored it and pulled Connor's wrist.