Everything is Shattering part 1

Little Drabble of 393 words about Troye getting a boyfriend.

Connor was scrolling though his Twitter, procrastinating as always. Why do homework when you can just go on social media?

As he refreshed his timeline, he saw a tweet that had stopped his heart.

@troyesivan18: guess who finally go a boyfriend? This guy!

Troye? A boyfriend?

Connor knew Troye had his eye on somebody, but Troye refused to tell who. A small part of Connor secretly hoped it was him, yet the bigger part told him not to get his hopes up.

I guess the bigger part was right.

With out hesitating a moment longer, Connor immediately picked up the phone and dialed the only person he could think of that Troye could possibly be dating.

Once the phone picked up and the cheery voice on the other end answered, Connor began rambling.

"Tyler what the fuck? You know I fucking like Troye and what do you do? You fucking date him! What a true friend you are. I can't believe you'd do something like that to me, Tyler! You know how much I lik-" Tyler, who was listening to Connor ramble, finally interrupted.

"Con, I'm not dating Troye" Tyler stated. Once Connor continued to ramble, Tyler repeated himself, only louder. This time, Connor finally shut up.

"If you're not, then who is?" Connor asked, uncertainty in his voice.

"That new kid, Matthew" Tyler explained. "Troye and Matthew really clicked, and I guess they're dating now"

"Matthew? That really hot could-be-a-model dude? Well fuck" Connor sighed, throwing himself on his bed. "I can't compete with him"

"Sure you can" Tyler encouraged. "You've known Troye longer. Don't let that no-good-hottie take your man! Go and win over Troye"

--

And that's how Connor ended up here. Sitting in front of Troyes door, waiting to knock.

He carefully looked in the window next to the door, to see if he could spot Troye in his usual spot on the couch.

And sure enough, Troye was there. He sat on the couch, Math book and pencil in hand.

And Matthew curled up to his side.

When Matthew looked up at Troye, Troye gave the boy such a genuine, happy smile. Something Connor hasn't seen in ages.

And that's when Connor knew he couldn't do this to Troye. He couldn't take away the source of his best friends happiness.

So he walked away.