+Senior

Ah, prom, one of the most stereotypical events a couple can go through. Turns out, same sex couples are allowed to go to prom, only if the parents of both partners sign a form. The form was indeed for safety purposes. There's always that one homophobe who isn't afraid to show their hate, even in high school.

But prom wasn't that bad for Ryan and Brendon. A few stares couldn't stop them from having a good time. Dallon and Spencer brought their dates, Breezy and Linda, whom Brendon and Ryan had never heard about before that night. Their newest friend, Jon started going to their school too late for him to find a date, so he third wheeled with Spencer and Linda. Spencer made sure to involve him, though.

A lot of dancing and tiny cups of punch later, Ryan spent the night at Brendon's. They were both sore from the dancing and were too tired to take off their tuxedos before they jumped onto the bed.

"I can't believe it's almost over." Ryan said with a sigh.

"Yeah." Brendon says sadly. "Have you gotten anything from UNLV?"

"Oh. Uh, yeah. I got in."

"That's great!" Brendon was happy for his boyfriend, but he had some news that he wasn't ready to tell. He just wanted to sleep.

Ryan and Brendon woke up to the empty house.

"Let's make pancakes." Brendon pulls out the box of pancake mix.

"Bren, the last time you tried to make pancakes you set the smoke alarm off and threw away all of the pancakes."

"Let's just do it. I won't burn them this time." He begs childishly.

"I'm not taking responsibility if you burn the house down." 

"Didn't say you had to." He says in a singsong voice and kisses his boyfriend on the cheek.

Brendon finished cooking the pancakes, but this time they were undercooked.

When they sat at the dining room table Brendon immediately devoured his pancakes.

Ryan went to rinse off his plate and saw the pile of mail next to their refrigerator. The one closest to him was an empty envelope, so Ryan picked it up to throw away.

"University of Chicago" It read on the envelope.

"Bren?"

"Yeah?" He says with his mouth full.

"Chicago?" Brendon goes silent.

"I got a scholarship. I had to take it. You know my parents. I would do anything to stay with you, you know that." He rambles out, his voice shifting as tears spring from his eyes.

"Four years?" Ryan says as he looks down at the paper, trying to keep from showing his face. Ryan looks up and sees Brendon in tears, nodding. Brendon runs up and Ryan takes him in a tight embrace, holding him to his chest to let Brendon let out all of his cries.

"I love you, Bren." Ryan whispers quietly.

"I love you." Brendon chokes out.

-A/N: HEY LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT A SEQUEL. this is the last chapter. thank you all for reading, and I hope you enjoyed. this is the last part of this book, but if you want, I'll make a sequel, you just have to tell me in the comments. ily all and thank you!!