+Freshman

Something had been stuck in Brendon's head and he had to let it go of it. Months after starting their Freshman year of high school, Brendon realized he liked boys. He knew it was a good idea to wait to tell his parents, but he needed it off of his chest at some point. And telling Ryan felt like the best way, because he's the reason why he felt this way.

"Ryan, I need to tell you something. I don't know if you're going to hate me or not, but I need to tell you." He says under a breath of confidence as they walk to school.

"Shut up, I won't hate you. What happened?"

"Um, wow, okay." He tries to figure out the way to say it. "Basically, I'm kind of gay."

"Kind of? You fucking idiot." He thinks to himself.

"Oh. Okay." Ryan nods and looks down at his feet.

"Okay?"

"Yeah. It's alright."

"Oh." Brendon didn't expect him to react like that.

Ryan went through the rest of the day like nothing had happened. He hung out with Brendon just as much as any other day. But that's what made Brendon feel weird, how he was just so easy going about it. He didn't even react.

The house was empty when they got to Brendon's house after school. Ryan drops his bag to the floor and falls backward onto Brendon's bed, limbs spread out in exhaustion.

"Now I have to tell you something." He mutters, regrettably. Brendon hums for him to go on.

"I've just been feeling weird for a while..." He trails off.

Brendon thinks he's trying to tell him that he doesn't want to be friends and thoughts of being alone run through his head.

"Like every time I'm around you, I get all giddy and my heart is pounding and I have butterflies in my stomach." He rambles.

"I feel the same way." Brendon nods.

"You do?"

"Yeah, since Sixth grade." Brendon admits.

"Really?" Ryan sits up to look at Brendon.

"Yes." Brendon looks down and Ryan plops back down on the bed with a sigh of relief.

"So..." Ryan mumbles after a minute of silence.

"So." Brendon repeats.

"What now?"