+Sophomore

The summer before their Sophomore year was the longest Ryan and Brendon have ever been apart. Ryan went out of town to visit his father's family for a few weeks. But other than that, they were just distant.

They did text just before the first day, to make plans for walking to school.

"How was your summer?" Brendon asks quietly as they walk.

"Boring. You?"

"Same for me. It's weird because we've always hung out at least every week or so and we haven't really talked in two months."

"Yeah." Ryan nods.

"Is it because of what we talked about? Is that why we haven't been talking?"

"I mean, no. I don't know. I was going to call you, I just felt weird."

"Why? I thought you liked me?"

"I-I do. I didn't know if you still liked me or not."

"What are you talking about? Of course I still like you."

"Oh."

"Do you wanna come over after school?" Brendon asks shyly.

"Yeah, sure."

+++

Brendon and Ryan had a few classes together, but they never spoke. Even at lunch Spencer and Dallon noticed something was off.

After class, they found each other and walked home in silence. Until Brendon couldn't stand it anymore.

Brendon stopped and put his hand in front of Ryan's chest to stop him.

"What the hell, Ryan?"

"What do you mean?"

"You know what I mean! This is so stupid! We've been friends for almost twelve years and now we're suddenly not talking just because we like each other!" Brendon lets out all his frustration while Ryan watches him with wide eyes.

"I want to be more than friends." Ryan says quietly.

"Me too." Brendon drops his rage exhaustedly and moves slowly to Ryan's chest. Ryan wraps his arms around Brendon's back as the shorter drops his head onto his bony shoulder.

They could both feel each other's heart pounding. Brendon pulls his head back, but Ryan still has him in his embrace. 

"Can I..." Brendon mumbles as he stares at Ryan's lips.

Their lips slowly connect and memories of them playing with trucks in preschool flicker through their head.

-A/N: THANK YOU FOR 1K. it came at a right time honestly this is like a thank you chapter. I hope you enjoyed and thank you all again for reading and getting this to 1K!