+Second

"So Brendon, what do you want to do for your birthday? What kind of party do you want?" Brendon's mom asks him on the way to school.

"Can Ryan stay the night?!" He asks excitedly. Brendon's mother was a little concerned with Brendon playing with only one person. She dreaded the day Ryan would be sick and not come to school. Luckily for her, that never happened because they both constantly wanted to go to school just to be there for each other.

"You don't want any more people?" She says with a sigh.

"No. It would be fun for Ryan to sleep over." He nods.

"Okay, I'll ask his mom and we'll see." She looks in the rear view mirror to see Brendon smiling happily.

+++

"Hi Ryan!" Brendon yells behind his mom who holds the door open.

"I'll be here to pick him up in the morning. Have a good time, Ryan. You boys don't stay up too late." Ryan's mom kisses her son's cheek and watches him walk through the door before she says goodbye and leaves.

"Okay boys, I'll let you know when dinner's ready." Brendon's mom says as she walks into the kitchen.

"Come on." Brendon and Ryan run up the stairs to his room, which was specifically cleaned for that night. 

"I got you a present. Happy Birthday!" Ryan hands Brendon a bag. He doesn't hesitate to open it.

"Woah!" He exclaims when he sees the big radio controlled truck.

"And it can do flips too! We can make an ob-tas-cle course!" Ryan tries to annunciate.

"We can make one in the backyard." Brendon nods. "Thank you Ryan!"

"You're welcome." He gives him a small hug and they start planning out their obstacle course. They draw out their entire plan on a piece of paper in red crayon. 

"Boys! Time to eat!" Brendon's mom shouts from downstairs.

"We can build it after dinner." Brendon says as he stands up and stretches after squatting for so long.

They rush to eat their dinner, but just before they're ready to go outside, they hear singing.

"Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you."

Brendon sighs as his parents walk into the kitchen holding a cake with lighten candles on it. Ryan joins in on the last part of the song as they set the cake on the table.

They rush and finish their pieces of cake and then go out to the backyard to construct their obstacle course that they were so determined to make perfect.

Around 9:00, Brendon's mom calls the boys inside, while they were still working on their course. Brendon and Ryan both sigh.

"We'll have to finish tomorrow, I guess." Brendon says sadly.

And they did finish. They woke up early the next day and wouldn't eat their breakfast until they finished building the course.

-A/N: sUPRISE. I'm seeing fall out boy tomorrow (!!) so I'm gonna be too busy to post this. I'm also really glad you guys are liking this so far, thank you so fucking much. hope you enjoyed!