+Sixth

Ryan and Brendon and their other friends all moved into the middle school easily. It was mostly all of the same people, plus a few new students.

Although Ryan and Brendon's group of friends had grown, they were still somewhat secluded to each other. It was obvious to everybody that they were much closer than the rest of them. But that wasn't always a good thing.

Brent Wilson. You couldn't describe him without saying a bad word. 

"He's a dickhead." Brendon says without fear of getting in trouble. Ryan laughs and shakes his head every time.

For such a big head, Brent wasn't very smart. So when Brent raises his hand to answer a question with the utmost confidence and says the complete opposite of the answer, Brendon couldn't help but sputter out a laugh. He tried to contain himself, but it just came out.

Brent sat right in front of Brendon in class, so he clearly heard it. He turns around and gives Brendon the hardest glare.

"Oh shut up, Brendon. Aren't you gay or something?" Brendon's stomach does a flip.

"Brent! Enough. You need to stay in during recess." The teacher cuts through the class's giggles.

+++

At recess, Ryan was telling Brendon about his class as people walked by them and gave Brendon stares.

"Maybe he is gay." Somebody mumbles to their friend as they walk past. Brendon is on the verge of tears as those thought run through his head.

Ryan notices he's not okay and stops talking. "Are you okay?" Brendon shakes his head and pulls Ryan with him to the restroom.

When they get in he looks around to make sure no one's there.

"Everybody's calling me gay." Brendon finally lets out some of his feelings. The entire thing made his stomach feel funny.

"Don't listen to them, Bren. They wouldn't know if you were gay anyways. They're just trying to hurt your feelings." Brendon sits down against the wall and supports his arms on his knees.

He couldn't bounce back like Ryan was telling him. It wasn't easy to think about, but he just didn't know.

He couldn't explain how he was feeling. He was still trying to figure it out.

-A/N: wow another one today, I got excited because I just finished writing the last chapter of this. IF THIS GETS 10 VOTES I WILL POST THE NEXT CHAPTER AS SOON AS I WAKE UP TOMORROW MORNING. thank you for reading ily and I hope you enjoyed.