"Happy realistation" Cabir flashed his teeth delibrately to tease Manik "So should I apply for the wedding date in marriage registrar's office?"

"Apply?" Manik gulped as another realisation stuck him.He hadnt asked nandini for marriage.His face expressions were expertly read by Cabir who was anxiously waiting for his reply.

"Ohhh dont tell me Manik that you still havent proposed her for marriage?" Cabir asked and Manik nodded in affirmation making an innocent face.

Cabir was about to say something  when they heard a knock on the door.Both of them turned around to see Nandini standing with a tray near the door.

"Can I come in please" She asked.

A smile crept on Manik's face as he saw Nandini  standing on the threshold.Her wet hair were making her look more beautiful  in the morning sunshine.Their eyes got locked and both seized on their places.

Cabir gaped at both of them one by one and swayed his palm in front of Manik to garner his attention but of no avail.

"Uhhh uhh" Cabir eventually cleared his throat to pull them out of the stance.

Nandini got conscious and lowered her gaze while Manik  looked around the room to avoid Cabir.

"Good morning Nandini...chai thandi hone se pehle serve ho jayegi?" Cabir spoke in a teasing tone.

"goo..good morning"Nandini  nodded as she stepped forward and kept the tray on the table.

"Wife banne ki practice kar rahi ho?"He spoke again and manik tried to hush him.

Nandini didn't reply but smiled shyly and continued to pour tea into the cups.

"Actually wife banne ki nahi , husband banane  ki practice kar rahi hai" Cabir whispered into Manik's ear " Aaj tujhe chai pilayegi and shaadi ke baad ye duty teri"

"Shut up Cabir" Manik snapped at him in a slow voice.

"Chai" nandini offered the cup to Cabir  which he accepted.

"yaar if you dont mind to main pehle apna pati dharam nibhaonga" he bent down and carefully picked up another tea cup from the tray " I will go and have tea with my wifey who I am sure must be still sleeping."

He stepped ahead to leave but then stopped.

"Atleast have some sanity to thank me yaar" he turned back and said.

"For what?"Manik asked in surprise.

Cabir looked at both of them alteranately and grinned without flashing  his teeth " For leaving the two of you alone" He spoke.

"Thankyou Cabir ji " Manik replied dramatically and followed him to the door .As soon as Cabir stepped out , he closed the door with a bang and bolted it from inside.

"Bhalayi ka to zamana hi nahi raha yaar" Cabir murmured as he walked towards Ananya s room where Navya had been sleeping.

----------------

Nandini's heartbeat became erratic as soon as Manik bolted the door and turned around to look at her.

She lowered her gaze as Manik advanced towards her , his eyes fixed on her.

"ch..chai" She quickly bent down and picked the tea cup , holding it in front of her.

A smile escaped his lips as he took the cup from her.