3: The Boy Who Emerged from the Wormhole

Começar do início

"That's snow. Like frozen rain." She told him. "It's like this almost all year round."

The two of them continued chatting until the sun started to set.

"Why don't you visit my country?!" He suddenly exclaimed.

"I can't. We are forbidden to venture into the outside until we reach a certain age." She smiled a bit as she sheaths her sword. "Maybe one day I'll be able to go. You'll tour me around, okay?"

"Of course~ Anything for a beautiful lady such as you." He grinned.

"What is the name of your country again?" He added.

"I'm sorry but I can't tell you that. I need to protect our peace. For my people to not suffer anymore wars or unpleasant things." She gave him an apologetic smile.

The two of them kept on meeting once every week. They exchanged stories about their lives and Yukiko oftenly sees him off.

One day

One day...

"Hey." Sinbad called to her as he stand under the same cherry blossom tree they sat under since the first time they met. Yukiko ran towards him and stopped infront of him before sitting down.

"What is it? What's that behind your back?" She tried to take a peek only to felt a sort of ring ontop of her head. "Eh?" She looked at her reflection from a handheld mirror she took from her satchel. "What is this, Sin?"

"That's a flower crown. Mom taught me that the other day and I figured that you might like it."

A huge smile graced her lips. The biggest smile she had ever gave him. "I love it!" She exclaimed happily before giving him a hug. "Thank you so much, Sin!"

Sinbad blushed a bit at the sudden hug. It was not everyday that Yukiko becomes affectionate like this. She was always serious and will only smile and laughed a bit from time to time. She looks refined and Sinbad wasn't surprised when he learned that she was a princess.

"You're welcome, Yuki." He patted her head.

Yukiko realized what she was doing making her pull away and blush. She looked away and covered her face with her sleeves.

"I-I'm sorry.." she apologized. She can feel her heart beating loudly in her chest. She always felt this way whenever Sinbad was around. Setsuna, her maid, told her with the largest and brightest smile she has ever seen, that it was love. "S-Sin.." she looked at him then covered her face again. "Come closer, please." She squeaked.

"Well of course, your highness." He scooted close to her and smiled. "What is it?" Yukiko wasted no time and gave him a small peck on his cheek before picking up her satchel and running away.

"Thank you for the flower crown! I'll see you tomorrow!" She waved at him before disappearing from his sight, leaving Sinbad in a confused state and a blushing mess.