chapter 4

Standing in my room, straightening my hair was not something I did often. I usually let my hair fall naturally but I wanted to make a good impression on Liam's parents.

I was wearing a dress, one of the few I owned that would surpass their expectation. Through my extensive research on colours, I had gathered my hair was chestnut brown and my eyes were also a shade of brown. The dress I was wearing was a subtle cream shade and my shoes were black. I pulled at the dress, suddenly feeling anxious about today.

"Good morning, beautiful."

I set down the straighteners and turned around to be engulfed in a warm embrace from Liam. I gently, pushed him backwards and reached up my hand to fix my hair that he had managed to mess up with the hug.

"Sorry, sweetheart." He laughed, reaching a hand to help smooth down my hair but I slapped it away.

He put his hands in the air, guiltily. "I know! Off limits."

I smiled. "That's right."

"So, we shall leave shortly. I just need to get the car from its wash, you know how my father is about keeping the car pristine." He rolled his eyes as I tittered politely.

"Okay."

He leaned in closer to me, his eyes glistening with affection for me. I really didn't want to kiss him but I couldn't exactly push him away. I started to panic as he got closer which was ridiculous because we'd been together for two years and I have kissed him many times.

Buzz!

Oh thank god. I rushed over to my phone, sighing in what I hoped was apologetic and exasperated when the notification had actually saved me.

Harry-
Why have you not come to visit me yet? :(

A smile crept onto my face as I opened the message and stabbed in a reply.

Blair-
What about now? I'm aching to see you <3

A few seconds later, my phone buzzed with a reply.

Harry-
My break is in 10, see you <3

I jumped harder than I should have when I felt a presence behind me. "Who are you talking to?"

I switched my phone off and shoved it into my pocket. "Just a friend."

"What's his name?" Liam's eyes narrowed in suspicion.

I considered lying but I couldn't improvise well. "Harry."

"Why were you smiling so much?"

I snapped. "I can talk to whoever I want to without you being suspicious! We've been together for two years now, Liam so why do you still doubt me?."

He looked taken back. "I'm sorry, sweetheart."

I sighed. "Fine, I'm going for a walk."

I grabbed my jacket and ran out the door before Liam could stop me. Once I was walking towards the coffee shop, my thoughts wondered to Harry. I felt my heart flutter in my chest as I pondered over the last time I saw him. I knew it was spiteful and mean to ditch Liam's plans but the stress of having dinner with his parents was too much.

I pushed open the door to the shop and the sweet aroma hit me. All my stress melted once I caught sight of Harry behind the counter, was it possible that he had gotten more handsome the last time I saw him?

I tucked my hair behind my ears and strolled up to the counter, grinning.

"What can I get you?" He said without looking up, intently scribbling something down on his notepad.