Chapter 11: Veronica

I sighed in absolute contentment as I snuggled deeper in my bed. This bed was just so comfy, it's crazy. The mattress was so good that I knew it will be heartbreaking when I finally get up. The silk sheets were an absolute luxury. They were very expensive and so worth it. And the pillow...Oh Lord, don't make me start on the softest pillow on Earth. It had just snuggled my head up, refusing to let it leave.

My alarm beeped and I grabbed the phone lazily. It was such a perfect Sunday morning. The sun rays crept in my room through the big windows, warming the place up slightly. I closed my eyes, never wanting to let go of this slice of heaven.

I smiled when I remembered the events of last night. How Dean was just standing there; slightly breathless, when I had pecked him on the cheek. The intensity of his eyes boring into mine. The tingle in my lips, ever present from the time I had kissed him.

I couldn't help the squeal of excitement which escaped my mouth. I am a girl first, guys. Any girl is allowed to jump in joy when she first kisses her crush.

That thought made me pop my eyes open. I had a crush on Dean?

Nah, he is just tall. And hot.

I shrugged the thought off. Fishing out my phone again, which I had buried it under the pillow again after switching off the alarm, I looked at the time. 10:23 am. I pursed my lips. Not bad. 10:23 was a respectable time for a Sunday morning.

I got up from the bed and made my way towards the kitchen. On the way, I gathered my long hair and with the help of a hairband, made a bun on top of my head. I winced when one of my fingers got stuck in the knots.

I opened the door of the fridge and scanned the contents. There were a lot of things, curtsey of 'Organo-Metallic', but I was in the mood of eating something simpler.

I grabbed two pieces of bread and PB&J. While lathering the jam on top of the bread, my mouth started to water. This looked so delicious. Setting down the knife I had used to spread the jam, I was about to take my first bite when my phone rang. I got up and hurried back to the bedroom when I recognized Zoey's ringtone.

"Hi Ronnie!" was the first thing I heard when I picked up the call. Zoey Dunhill, now Zoey Kimball is one of my very best friends. And I do mean that. We both were roommates before our apartment caught fire and she had to agree to marry a billionaire in return for money for my lung transplants. But that is a story for another day.

"Hi babes!" I cheerfully returned the greeting, now walking back out to the kitchen counter where my sandwich lay. I picked it up and began to nibble on it.

"Who is the guy?" Zoey asked point blank, which kind of made me confused for a while. "What guy?" I asked, as I finished the sandwich. Wanting something to wash it down with, I grabbed a glass from one of the shelves and opened the fridge.

"The one you met in Reverb." Zoey sang mockingly. "I am kinda annoyed that you didn't tell me yourself about you dating a guy!"

Sipping on the pineapple juice I had poured out for myself while she was talking, I couldn't help but laugh.

"Maybe you haven't heard this from me because I am not dating anyone Z." I took a sip again, finishing the juice half-way. "From where did you know I had gone to Reverb anyways?" I asked.

"From the newspaper, of course."

And that, my friends was enough for me to be thrown in a fit of coughs. Zoey kept silent as I battled it out, clutching my throat and chest for dear life as tears escaped my eyes. After it subsided, I grabbed the juice and with a deep gulp, finished it all. I relaxed as my sore throat got the feeling of some cold liquid going down it. I sighed before picking up the phone again.

"Lemme see. Hold on." I said after reassuring that I was okay and walked to the front door now, where the newspaper guy had already slid the paper from under the door. I pulled out the section of the newspaper which was my favorite. The Times Celebex. This section is so hit with all its readers that it publishes magazines also.

Sifting through the news, I saw one with the simple heading, 'The Guy.' Quickly reading it, I burst out into laughter. I put Zoey back on the call, just in time to wish Natalie, Zoey and Alex's daughter, the same Natalie when I first met Dean, good luck on her soccer practice. Alex as dropping her off on his way to work.

After Natalie gave Zoey her phone back, Zoey demanded that I tell her all the 'deets'. And so I did, laughing all the way. As soon as I finished my tale, Zoey laughed. I heard a bell ring on the other side and waited for her to open the door. When she did, she squealed.

"Alex? What are you doing back here--Stop it Alex! Ronnie is on the line!" She laughed, making me smile. I absolutely loved how they were in love and as Zoey puts it, falling deeper and deeper every day.

Their love is absolutely magical, even though they met in pretty awkward circumstances, but I like to think that it's because of me that they both got together. I heard some scuffle and was just about to hang up because come on. I so did not want to listen to anything they did in their private time. But before I could, Alex's voice met my ears.

"Hey Ronnie. Call back later yeah?" I nodded, replying an affirmative. Before either of us could hang up, Zoey's voice came through. It sounded faint as if she was some distance away, but the words were unmistakable. The seductive voice was distinctive.

"Come to mamma, big boy."

My cheeks burned as I hurriedly cut the call before I leaned on the counter, my laughs echoing in the quiet apartment.

--

So. Zoey and Alex hm? All of those people who said they want them back must be happy. :) Admittedly, I am too. :) They will also be in the subsequent chapters!

Two things about me.
1. I really really really want to get published. I do.
2. I have had a number of pets in the past. Parrots, Turtle, Love Birds, Chicks, Rabbits, Fishes and a stray cat right now. However, the pet I want the most is a dog.

-A