Chapter 10: Dean

Chapter 10: Dean

Temptress.

Devious.

Angel.

Goddess.

Enchantress.

All of these words flashed like neon signs whenever I looked at Veronica. She was so, so beautiful. Seriously, it's ridiculous. I wonder if she gives a special kind of tax for being this beautiful, this glamorous.

She was pumping her body with the beats, moving her shoulders and spine with a way that screamed, 'I am sexy and I know it'. She was so confident in everything she did. The light hit her sequined dress in such a way, that it made her sparkle like a diamond.

Her eyes, though not entirely visible, could not hide that glint in them. That glint which showed how much she was enjoying herself. She wasn't trying to grab attention, she wasn't being provocative, but she was just simply happy. And damn me, because it was attractive as hell.

She was sweaty, more so than me. And why wouldn't she be, when she was doing all the work, making me look good just standing there, holding her waist. She was currently moving her hips to some EDM beats with one of her hand overlapping mine on her waist and the other up in the air, jumping slightly with the loud bass. Her back was facing me.

I looked down at her again and thought how beautiful she was. This kind of beauty wasn't external. This was in-built. I thought about the kiss again. It wasn't anything much. It was just a peck and maybe for her it was one of those drunken mistakes, but it lit my soul on fire. It was imprinted on my mind how soft her lips were.

Suddenly, Veronica turned back to me and grabbed the collar of my shirt. Bringing me closer to her, she tiredly gasped out, "Thank you for the dances Dean, But I should go, now."

She was panting, heavily so. I just nodded, and grabbing her elbow gently, I brought her to the bar. Ordering two glasses of water, I gave one to her and took the other for myself. She emptied her glass before I could even take a sip of mine. I tried to look for the bartender for another glass, but he was on the other side, taking orders for someone else. I just shrugged and gave her my glass, receiving a small smile in gratitude.

Over the bass of the music, I leaned closer to her to say that I will be coming with her, outside. She quickly shook her head 'no'.

"You can enjoy! Don't leave on my account." She said, her breathing becoming normal as she finished the ice-cold water.

"Nah, it's okay. I was about to leave when I saw you actually."

An amused smile made way to her face. "So you stayed for me?"

I looked for an answer in my brain. Finding none, I just shrugged. However, that smile stayed on her face till I went and grabbed my coat and scarf, and her beige coat she told me about.

As soon as we stepped outside, the cold air hit us, making us both shiver. The temperature difference between the club and outside was huge. But my body heat quickly came and engulfed me in a warm cocoon. I became comfortable within seconds.

Looking down at the temptress beside me, I noticed her shiver. Apparently due to the fact she was still sweaty, the cold air was hitting her harder than me. Before I could process what was happening, I had removed my scarf and had already draped it on her neck and shoulders. She threw me another grateful glance at me, and I just dismissed it with a wave of my hand.

"Where is your car?" I asked her instead. "A block away...", she said sheepishly. I shrugged. "I thought parking places were supposed to be reserved for Queens." I made a joke, "But a walk also sounds good to me right now."

Veronica beamed. We turned left from the entrance of the club and started walking. "But seriously though," I said, and Veronica looked at me, "why did the DJ call you 'Queen'? Are you seriously royalty?" I winked at her, "Don't tell me I will have paparazzi now following me left and right!"

Veronica laughed. Lord, that sound.

"Haha--no. Last time I checked, I am certainly no royalty. They just call me 'Queen' because I kind of won that title in a dance competition. Every two years, there is a competition in Reverb for the title of King and Queen. It's literally nothing, no benefits, no extra drinks, but it's just a title. A year ago, I won the competition. My opponent, was the previous Queen. She spiked my drink, thinking I would back-off the competition."

I stopped, gently grabbed her arm again, and let her pass before me, in the suddenly confined space of the pavement, courtesy of two teenagers sucking each other's face off.

"So she spiked your drink. Then?" I asked when we were in the clear and walking side by side again. "Then nothing. She didn't know drinking makes me more courageous, loosens my limbs. I remember I was so nervous before, thinking I was going to lose, because Lucy, the previous Queen was a phenomenal dancer, but--" Suddenly, a huge smacking sound echoed in the silent street, making me jump and look at Veronica, "--boom! I drink something and the next thing I know, I am declared the winner!"

It still took me a while to realize that Veronica had smacked her hands together to create a realistic 'boom'.

I shook my head at her and sighed, feeling stupid for getting startled so easily. Veronica suddenly stopped outside a well-lit store, pausing and squinting her eyes at the glass, towards a red sun dress hung on a mannequin.

No one was in, the sign said 'closed' but the lights were still open, displaying the goods within. I looked up and saw the name of the store. Pandemonium.

Pandemonium is what mere humans would call a magical place. It's like Hogwarts. Here the dresses are not just designer, they are for practicality also. My mother is the biggest fan/shopper of this store.

I still remember the day when we were eating lunch together on her birthday when she had gotten a notification on her phone saying that there was a flat 50% sale at one of the Pandemonium stores for the next three hours.

She had brought so much stuff that both of mine, Kellan's and my dad's hands were full. We each had at least 7-8 bags, but we three had sucked it up because it was her birthday. I still remember the look of absolute joy on her face when she had modelled the clothes, she had bought for us at home. It made all of it worth it.

I came out of my trance and saw Veronica staring up at me with a strange expression on her face. I raised my eyebrows, questioning her about why she was looking at me like that, but she just shrugged.

We started walking again. A few steps later, Veronica stopped and fished something out of a bag. Hitting a button on the key, the car beside us, a modest black BMW sang its door unlocking tune. I whistled. That was a damn fine car.

Veronica turned to me and shrugged out of the scarf. "Well, this is me." She handed the scarf to me, and then surprisingly brought me closer. She grabbed my face in her soft hands and tilted my face.

Pressing a sweet kiss on my cheek which made all breath come out of my chest, she smiled. I was looking at her like a lost puppy, I was sure of it. Straightening, she whispered, her whiskey-minty breath hitting my face.

"I enjoyed today, Dean. Hope to see you again." Then before I could say anything, do anything, she was already in the driver's seat. 

-----

Sorry Sorry Sorry for the late update!!

I am building up their story again guys, making drastic changes! 

It will take some time!

Please comment! If you wanna connect personally, type : anushka.the.panda or anushka.the.superstar on insta!

Bye Lovelies!

Till next time

-A