Monsters DDM (Ashton)

*Edited*

Ashton (5)

"Daddy?" You whimper, walking into the living room.

Your dad was sat on the couch, watching TV. He looks over and pauses his show.

"Baby, what're you doing out of bed?" he asks softly.

"I can't sleep," you inform.

Tears prick your eyes as you walk over to your dad. You had your blanket in hand. He takes you into his lap, and you immediately cuddle into his chest.

"Why can't you sleep, Princess?" he asks, rubbing your back gently.

"There are monsters under my bed," you cry out quietly.

He sighs. No matter how many times he's told you monsters weren't real, you've always believed there were some under your bed. Suddenly, an idea pops into his head.

"How about.... we make monster poison?" he suggests.

You nod quickly, eager to get rid of the monsters. He walks into the kitchen, grabbing a water bottle from the fridge. He sets you on the counter before opening it up and handing it to you.

"First, drink some of the water. Otherwise, it won't work," he demands.

You usually hate drinking water, but you really wanted in to work. He walks over to the cabinet and grabs Kool-Aid out.

Being five, you weren't really paying attention to the fact it was Kool-Aid. He squirted in the syrup. The water turned a shade of purple. He closes the bottle and shakes it.

"There. I made monster poison. It'll hurt monsters that try to go into your room or anywhere you go. Then at lunch tomorrow, you can drink it because it doesn't hurt us. It only hurts monsters!" he exclaims, extremely proud of himself for such a great idea.

"Thank you, daddy," you smile, kissing his cheek.

"You're welcome, Princess. Now let's get you to bed, yeah?"

You nod. He takes you back to your room, and tucks you in. He sets the monster poison on your night stand, and kisses your forehead.

"Goodnight princess," he smiles, walking out.