High School Jerk

Colin's POV
*flashback*

Beep beep beep

"Bloody hell" I groaned as my early morning alarm woke me from my quite peaceful sleep. I swung my arm over to the beeping device to turn it off but ended up banging my elbow on the nightstand.

I took another stab at it and it turned off. I attempted to look at the time on the digital screen but forgot I didn't put my glasses on yet. I grabbed my pair of Raybands and my eyes adjusted to the lenses.

7:50

"Gosh darnit Colin how could you sleep in on a day such as this!" I scolded myself as I darted into the bathroom to take a shower. Once I was out I slipped on my favorite pair of jeans, a sweatshirt, and Converse.

"Hey mum" I said as I hoped down the stairs and kissed my mum on the cheek. "See you after school."

"Slán sweety tá lá maith"
|Bye sweety have a good day|

I smiled and grabbed to two pieces of toast on the counter and some bacon.

I looked down at my watch 8:03

Only seven minutes until class starts, well it's a good thing I live within walking distance from the high school.

I rushed into the building at 8:07 and ran to my math class. I wasn't worried that my professor would lock me out because he's always been lax about the whole "getting to class on time" thing.

I saw him poke his head out of the classroom as he was about to close the door so I made sure he knew I was there.

"Professor Liam!" I shouted and he looked my way and grinned.

"Good to see you, lad. For a moment I thought you were going to miss your semester exam" he said letting me through the door and patting me on the back.

"Just slept in a bit more than usual this morning" I said taking my seat at the back of the classroom in the corner where no one sat. I've always been that awkward, morose teenager with not many friends.

We took the exam, which I was expecting to be longer, and the bell rang just as I was handing it in.

I stayed and talked with my professor for a while, he is more like an older brother to me actually.

"Well Colin I think if that's what you feel called to do then you should definitely follow your passion. Don't let the opinions of others dampen your own conscious."

"I applied for the role now all I have to do is see if I made the cut."

I've been pondering over the idea of acting. I just feel like they will laugh at the school outcast even more and all I need right now is more ridicule.

"Well have a good weekend and please don't tell anyone about the whole acting thing. You and my parents are the only ones that know I'm considering it."

"You have my word."
_______________________________________________________________________

Jen's POV
Present

We walked to Grant's car in the hospital parking lot and he opened my door for me.

"Thank you" I said as I slid into the passenger seat and buckled up.

He shut the door and walked around to the driver's seat and started the ignition.

"So where are we going?" I asked as we pulled out onto the main road and headed towards town.

"Well it isn't much but I did manage to get reservations at the Italian Kitchen"

My eyes widened in surprise. "How did you know?" I asked with a hint of curiosity.