Head Trauma

Jen's POV

Oh crap I'm in the hospital. The last thing I remember was seeing the fear in Colin's eyes as we collided with the other car.

"Hello Ms. Morrison, I'm Dr. Gregory House" said the doctor as he entered my room.

He's got the same name as Hugh Laurie's character in the tv show House that I used to be in, that's so weird. I thought to myself.

"What are my injuries?"

"Well you fractured your arm and you have some bruising but other than that nothing."

"And what about my friend? Colin 'O Donoghue who was also present in the accident."

"He didn't suffer as many injuries as you did but he's lucky to be alive."

"Why would you say that?" I say with a bit of worry.

"Because he almost went through the windshield and even though he didn't he hit his head extremely hard. Enough to where he could have suffered brain damage."

"But everything it fine? No brain damage?"

"Yes we've been monitoring him to make sure, but as of now he has no damage to his brain."

"That's a relief. May I see him?"

"If you feel up to it. Follow me."

He directed me to his room and as I stood in front of it I was afraid to turn the handle. I can't bare to see him all beaten up. But before I could think my hand turned the handle and I stepped inside. The door closing behind me.

Colin's POV

I heard my door open so I opened my eyes to see who it was, probably the doctor telling me I can go. But as my eyes adjusted to the light I noticed she was a female. Not just any female, it was Jen.

"Jen?" I asked weakly.

"Oh my gosh you're ok!" Jen said excitedly as she came up and hugged me.

"You look worse that I do, love. Come here you need to be resting."

She looked at me hesitantly but gave in and crawled into the small bed. I wrapped my arm around her, not remembering her fractured are until she groaned in pain.

"Ugh ouch."

"I'm so sorry Jen I forgot about your arm" I said trying to soothe her.

What she did next was unexpected. She turned around to face me and brought her lips to mine. It was slow and passionate as we poured every ounce of our love for each other into the kiss.

"That was-"

"My way of showing you how glad I am that you're ok!"

"Well in that case" I said as I brought my lips to hers again. We kept going until I broke away needing some air.

"I finished things with Helen."

Jen's POV

"I finished things with Helen" Colin said as he looked at me with a hint of sadness in his eyes.

"Oh Colin I'm so sorry" I spoke as I tried comforting him.

"It was going to happen at some point I just finally admitted it to myself that I couldn't keep living the way I was with her. The only downside is now I'm rarely ever going to see Evan."

"Are you going to fight for custody?"

"Selfishly I really want to, but I'm not what's best for him. My job takes up so much of my time that I would rarely have the opportunity to spend time with him. Besides he needs his mother and it's best for him at his age to stay in Ireland. He can't speak English yet so that would be hard for him."

By this time I noticed tears falling down his face. He loves Evan so much that losing him would break him, if he isn't already.

"I'm so sorry. I know how much Evan means to you."

"He was the main reason that I was making an effort to stay with Helen. I didn't want him to grow up with his parents separated."

"I don't have any idea what your going through but I'm here for support when you need it."

"Thanks Jen."

He hugged me and cried on my shoulder. I have no idea what he's going through but the best thing I can do is be there for him.

"I should probably head back to my room. I'm glad you're ok."

"Okay. Me too I was so worried that you wouldn't make it."

I walked back to my room and ate my dinner. I was calm now knowing that Colin was ok.

I started flipping the channels on the tv trying to find something good to watch when I heard people running down the hall and saying emergency, emergency.

I walked out of my room and asked one of the nurses running by what all the commotion was about.

"Someone in room 710 is experiencing head trauma from a vehicle collision yesterday" said the nurse.

"Oh my god that's Colin's room" I said to myself as I fell to my knees. "Please Colin stay with me. Please."

I could see him being moved into a different room to be examined. The doctor and several nurses crowded around him as they managed to keep him stable.

"He's going into a coma. Keep him stable" I heard one of the nurses say before they closed the door to the room.

I felt my heart sink. I kept coming up with all the 'what if' scenarios but that didn't help any.

I finally allowed myself to crawl into bed.

"Goodnight Colin."

Dun dun dun. Will Colin live? I learned so much about comas while writing this chapter. Here are something that I might incorporate into my story:
A coma, caused by brain damage, after four weeks the chance of full recovery is very low
Can last from several days to weeks or more severe cases months to years
The longest coma patient was in a coma for 42 years (don't worry this won't happen in the story)
The patient usually faces emotional challenges
Btw Colin's room number is 710 like Emma and Killian's house number in Storybrooke
Well I hope you liked this and please comment to tell me what you think! Vote if you think it deserves one and if you aren't following me please consider it!