Mixed Emotions

Above is just an ouat crack based off of Swan Song. Honestly I've been too sad to watch Killian's death scene but I was watching this and all those feelings came rushing back *wipes eyes*.... Anyways hope you enjoy this chapter AND my quick updating skills!

Jen's POV

Colin is said to be released from the hospital within the next week. The doctor just wants to make sure that there is no possibility for another coma. I hoped out of bed and made an omelet and hot cocoa for breakfast. Adam and Eddie suggested that we hold off on my filming until Colin is avaliable so I'm headed straight to the hospital. Ever since his coma I've gone everyday just for him, but today is different. I'm going to see Grant and return his umbrella.

"Aye. That it would be but I need an excuse to see you again."

I recollected thinking back to last night. I put my plate up and headed for the shower. Once I had an outfit picked out, which took longer than usual considering I want to look nice when I see Grant again, I said bye to Ava and grabbed my sunglasses. As I walked out the door I noticed Grant's umbrella leaning against the wall, so I picked it up and carried it with me.

Colin's POV

Helen went to the airport with Evan to get three tickets for a plane back to Ireland. I slept horribly last night. Was it due to the unusual chill in the air? Or maybe the trauma? It felt like a void. A void in my life, like that one last puzzle piece that you lose and the whole purpose of the puzzle is gone.

I checked the time. 10:45. Jen is usually here by now, she's been checking on me everyday since I awoke from the coma.

Narrator's POV

Little did Colin know that just downstairs Jen had arrived where she was more focused on her meet with Grant than her best friend who was waiting on her.

Jen's POV

I walked into the all too familiar hospital and walked over to the lady at the front desk.

"How may I help you Ms. Morrison?"

"I'd like to see Gra- I mean Dr. Thompson please."

"Just one second."

"Thanks."

For some reason my stomach was in knots and with every agonizing moment that passed my anxiety only grew and grew. I don't see what the big deal is I mean I'm just returning his umbrella. Right?

A few more moments passed by before I saw him coming in my direction. I guess I didn't notice how handsome he was last night cause it was raining but hello gorgeous.

"Jennifer is it?"

"Yup that's right. Here's your umbrella and thanks again for letting me borrow it" I said not really knowing what else to say.

He grabbed the umbrella from my hand and he intentionally brushed his fingers against the back of my hand. I was expecting to get chill bumps, like I do- did when Colin's hand grazed mine, but instead I felt nothing.

"I wanted to ask you something about your friend. Colin O' Donoghue is it?"

"Yeah that's him."