seventy.

With Khalil, these last few weeks had been amazing. He was so sweet and most definitely a gentlemen.

He'd do sweet gestures like take me out to eat, make me go see a movie with him and cuddle me the whole time, cook me dinner, buy me flowers, and just sometimes he'd just sit and talk with me.

I felt like I could talk about anything with him. My mom, my insecurities, Justin. He had a way of just vibing with me and letting me feel like he was listening, and that was one of the things I liked most about him.

We haven't done anything more than friendship type things, besides the cuddling. I mean, sometimes he'd kiss my forehead and let me sleep with him but we're just friends. Me and him both have that established.

"What're you doing today?" He asked while we were eating lunch one Monday. "I think I'm gonna go see Justin today, Angie and Maejor keep blowing up my phone. Saying he's not doing well."

"Oh," he nodded. "Want me to come with?" I shook my head no,"I'd rather go alone. But thank you."

"How you getting there?"

"The bus," I said glumly. He knit his eyebrows together,"No the hell you're not." I giggled,"There is nothing wrong with the bus," I said, lying through my teeth. I hated the fucking bus.

"You're not taking the bus." He tossed me the keys to his car.

"I'm not taking this," I said, crossing my arms. "Yes you are!" He pretended to whine. "Okay, okay shut up."

"Okay," he smiled like a kid,"But can I talk to you real quick before you go?"

I nodded,"Yeah, bout what?"

"Um, you living here has been..."

"Oh my God, you want me to move out?" I asked. He quickly shook his head,"No! Of course not. I was going to say, you living here has been... way better than I expected, I should say. We've grown closer and I've started to get to know you a lot better."

.........Okay?

Khalil wyd?

"What're you trying to say here?" I asked with a nervous chuckle.

His face heated up,"Sorry, I'm rambling. What I'm trying to say is, will you go out on a date with me? A real date?"

I blushed and nodded,"Yeah, I'd love too."

"For real?"

"Mhm."

He gave that cute, goofy smile that I adored so much,"Good. I'd feel dumb as shit if you would've turned me down."

"Whaatt? You know I wasn't 'finna turn you down. Boy, you're my movie buddy."

"Hell yeah," he chuckled. "We still going to see Finding Dory?" I smiled and fist bumped him,"Y'know it."

I grabbed my purse and stood. "I'm gonna go, though. You don't mind?" I made sure. He shook his head,"Nah. Tell em I said wassup', though."

"Okay." We hugged and I walked out to his car and drove to Justin's house.

***

I knocked on the door, impatiently. I've knocked about 20 times, and rang the doorbell atleast 100. I was about ready to turn around and go home.

"Who is it? What do you want?" His voice finally called back. He sounded different. "It's uh.. Its Jada," I said. The door quickly opened and I saw Justin with nothing but his normal briefs on, messy bed hair, and a strong ass smell that overcame me. He had a bottle of liquor in his hand and a cigarette hanging out his mouth. He had dark circles under his eyes and it kind of looked like he had lost some weight since the last time I saw him. Just horrible.

"Can I uh..come in?" I asked, taking a step back. He shrugged, blew smoke from his cigarette and walked away. I took that as a yes and walked in.

The living room looked completely different. It was filthy and had alcohol bottles everywhere. That's when I remembered that Maejor told me that Justin has been in the living room for the last couple days. "Justin, come on bruh."

"What?" He said in his raspy voice. "It's dirty and dark as fuck in here. Do you want me to help you clean up?"

He shook his head, tossed his cigarette on the ground and took a deep breath. "Why are you here?"

"Cause I'm worried about you," I said honestly,"I don't want you to sit here and turn into some alcoholic."

He started laughing, leaving me confused. "What's funny?"

"I already am an alcoholic," he chuckled, taking a swig from his bottle.

"Justin, I know I said all that stuff about Bizzle but I never really liked this side of Bizzle."

"So? You don't like the side of Justin I am right now. You moved on, Jada. Get the fuck lost." I felt a pang in my chest, and now I realized that I had hurt him as much as he had hurt me. He was sad because he thought I gave up on us so easy.

"Justin, stop, please." He shook his head after lighting up a blunt this time, not a cigarette. "I see the blogs, talm' bout how Khalil stole my girl. That's fucked up, J. It really fucking breaks my heart."

"To be clear, those photos show friendly outings," I said honestly. "Tell me right now that Khalil hasn't made his move on you yet? Admitted his feelings or anything." I sighed,"He asked me out on a date today. I said yes."

He chuckled again and shook his head,"That's what I thought."

"Justin, you've been drinking everyday?"

He nodded,"Drink, smoke, sleep, repeat. My daily routine."

"Have you ever considered rehab?" He narrowed his eyes,"Who do you think you are?"

"Someone who cares," I snatched the blunt out his mouth and sat it on the table. "You don't care. You don't want to look like Mr. Bad Guy so you're making everyone think you care. But you don't."

"That's not true."

"It fucking is!" He screamed violently,"You know damn well it's true. If it wasn't, then instead of having the time of your life with one of my good friends, you'd be here, with me. I said I'm sorry, and I meant it. You know I do. You see I do. So what the fuck is the issue? You have someone else, that's the fucking issue." We both had tears in our eyes.

"Justin," I started, but the lump in my throat stopped me. "You don't even love me anymore," he said, his voice cracking.

I wanted to so badly to tell him that I still loved him, and that I'd always love him. That he'd always have that special place in my heart. But I couldn't.

"Get out," he said coldly. "Justin, please consider rehab. Please."

"Get. Out. Get out before I call security on your ass," he threatened. I sighed, grabbed my bag, and left.

Thoughts?

Predictions?

Who's side are you on? Jada or Justin?